Song lists for slotRadio cards

Are the song lists available for the slotRadio cards or do we have to buy them and look through to know what we just bought?

In a word?

No.

I find it pretty bad for a company to force customers into buying a product of which they only have a vague description of what it contains and have stores refuse returns on those same products even if the customer doesn’t like the product for the price he paid.

Seems like a pretty decent reason not to buy one :frowning:

Except you aren’t forced to buy it.

All that’s available on the Shop Sandisk site is a preview of each card.  I haven’t gone through the previews so I can’t say how good it is.  Click on the Preview Another Card tab to listen to the card you want.

http://www.sandisk.com/products/slotradioproducts/sansaplayers-cards/card-vh1-classic

I have one and, at the beginning, I must have skipped over at least a dozen songs before I finally got to a bunch of songs that I like.

@majanias wrote:

I find it pretty bad for a company to force customers into buying a product of which they only have a vague description of what it contains and have stores refuse returns on those same products even if the customer doesn’t like the product for the price he paid.

Seems like a pretty decent reason not to buy one :frowning:

Some people would agree with you, and have been very vocal about it here ever since these came out. I too, was very critical of them myself until I received one as a gift. I have since softened my criticism, although I still think they are a little too expensive and would like to see (or hear) a higher-quality bit-rate on some of the tracks.

On the other hand, the SlotRadio cards are selling quite well, so many must enjoy them. There are now many diferent genre’s and mixes available for most all musical tastes. As far as not being able to see what you’re buying before you get it (playlist of tracks), if you consider the premise behind the Slot Radio product itself, you don’t get a preview or track listing of what a particular radio station is going to play either. You just have to tune in and find out.

And before one says, “But I don’t have to pay for radio; it’s free” think again. Satellite Radio costs money . . . and is very popular. And you still don’t get the opportunity of seeing what you’re going to hear beforehand.