Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

“Very nice post fusionnow!”

Thanks Sandro, just trying to warn customers and help the development team and the product managers be all that they can be.  I’d rather be writing raving reviews like the old days…

"About the scrolling thing, I can’t use it, I don’t understand how it can be defined “usable”. I can’t scroll through songs because it’s too slow it takes minute to chose a song, i can’t call this “usable” if the point of a media player is this basically.

Other comments are to demonstrate how amateur this software is, that can’t even do simple tasks.

I think that for my main problem (the scrolling) adding a way to scroll though alphabet letters would resolve it."

Yes, I was a little overly dismissive on that one.  I don’t use song scrolling at all.  My whole view of song list was that it was so bad… so unbelievably horribly implemented, that it prevented me from getting through from “albums” to “genres”.  Artist response was awful, Album response was awful… my only hope for playing a large collecton was to combine a lot of like artists into genres and random play within them.  Problem was that I needed to get through the “songs” screen to make it “genres” and in hundreds of tries the device inactivity timeout always kicked in before the song list would respect another swipe to genres.  So, with this latest firmware… the mere ability to make it through the song list to the genres was a HUGE SUCCESS from my perspective. How sad is that?

But now that I’ve played with it a bit in environments (beach, sun, hot tub) where I’d never take a real mp3 player or an iPhone I have to agree with you.  The song list really needs a lot of work.  And I will say that although the device is now finally minimally usuable, I share the prevalent view of the “hyperactive” user interface and the tactile software response (event handling) have a long way to go.   I have kept my mega-tagging strategy and I combine like artists and genres to the full extent possible.  Getting any usefulness out of this device whatsoever is all about combatting the design flaws and tagging like mad to make any list shorter, cause processing any long list of data (artists, songs, genres, albums) sems to be the bane of this software design.