Sandisk 4.0 GB E260

I’ve had this Sandisk for a very long time and believe it is E260. I has the blue ‘wheel’ on the front that you can turn to make the volume go up or down.

Maybe it is a model that is not used/sold any longer.

My problem is that the ‘wheel’ when turned, does not increase/decrease the sound. I have to keep turning it and maybe, sooner or later, the sound will go up.

#1- Is anyone familiar with this model and know what is wrong with the ‘wheel’ now? Or is it just too worn-out to be fixed, etc.?

BTW:

#2- If I had to get another MP3 player, could I copy all the songs on this Sandisk to that new MP3 player?

#3- Is there another one ‘out there’ that might be compatible to this Sandisk?

#4- I notice Best Buy has the SanDisk Clip Sport 4GB MP3 Player - Black for $35.00. Would I be able to transfer my songs to that one? And is that a good price?

Looks something like this

Sansa-E250-E260-E270-Griffin-iClear-Polycarbonate-Clear-Case-685387080946

Since I didn’t receive a reply to my previous message, I decided to go to Best Buy and purchase the SanDisk Clip Sport. I did upgrade to new firmware and I did transfer my songs form my Sansa E260.

However, I am a bit ‘upset’ that i have to attach the Clip to my computer in order to charge it. I tried using one of the 5v AC adapters I had and plugged the Clip into outlet. It did show the the littler green bar moving from left to right hand corner of screen, but it didn’t have the working “updating” that shows when I plug it into my USB port.

#1- Can this Clip be charged from AC outlet? If Yes, what type of USB/charger would I have to use? (The kind that outlet plug on one side and USB input port on the other side.

BTW: #2- What is best Equalizer setting? Normal, classical, bass, etc.?

AND

#3- what is the largest capacity micro card that can be used with this Clip?

Bumping this up please if anyone can shed some light on this.

@sauberlime wrote:

Bumping this up please if anyone can shed some light on this.

Not really your place to do it, but rather the OP’s.

But to the OP:

#1- Can this Clip be charged from AC outlet? If Yes, what type of USB/charger would I have to use? (The kind that outlet plug on one side and USB input port on the other side.

Yes. And yes.

BTW: #2- What is best Equalizer setting? Normal, classical, bass, etc.?

Whichever one you like best. Everyone hears different frequenices differently and also has different preferences in music and how they like it to sound.

AND

#3- what is the largest capacity micro card that can be used with this Clip?

Officially 32GB. You can however, re-format a 64GB card (or larger) to FAT32 and the Clip will read and play from it OK, but with the 2000 track limit (on both the internal memory and external card separately), you will hit that limit long before you run out of space even with the 32GB. A 4GB card would be sufficient.