peteralandt

SDMX1-512R

I am looking for user guide ofr SDMX1-512R MP3 player.  Where can I find one?
SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

Re: SDMX1-512R

Indeed, the cool little Digital Audio Player, vintage 2004.   Here's a copy of the User Guide for you.  Sorry, it is missing the title page, but the important information is all there!

I pulled this information via the SanDisk link in the upper left corner, then to Support, then the Legacy MP3 players links.  I had a Homer Simpson moment when I realized that the part number isn't indexed in the database. 

Here's a photo, for those wondering what we're looking at:

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

LBH
LBH

I need to reformat my SDMX1 but the old manual doesn't tell me how. I guess I need the "disc" which I never had (hand-me down from my kids). The player has been and still seems to work great. However, here is my issue: I plugged into my computer and deleted files as I usually do (I use the player to listen to books).  I can play them as well as see the names on the MP3 player's screen. I can no longer see those files on computer but know they are on the player. I can also not load new files and get the message that there is no memory.

There is nothing I need to save on the player but I need to clear the memory so I can load new files.

Any one have a suggestion?

SanDisk Guru
drlucky

the player should mount as a removable disk. just open my computer right click the removable disk and select format. that should do it. 
zazzzoom

i have a SDMX1-512R 

when i delete songs the songs are deleted from the file on the computer but not from the SDMX1-512R how do i get the songs off the player.

drish69

you have chosen the wrong device if you are removing them from your PC ... you can put them back by selecting the removable disk from windows explore then select them to copy them back to the PC (use a folder of your choice for organization) ... once back on the PC you can delete them from the SanDisk (MAKING SURE YOU ARE ON THE REMOVABLE DISK) ... GOOD LUCK!!!