SANSA CLIP ZIP NOT TURNING ON, NOT CHARGING

Hello,

my device is the Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip, it’s not turning on. I tried to charge it using 3 different USB cord I connected it to a computer but the computer wasn’t reading the device. I tried it to other computer but still same problem. I tried to charge the device using a USB cord with and an adapter, I plugged it to the wall, it was connected for 2 hours but it doesn’t charge. I press and hold the power button for 20 secs but still doesn’t turn on. Please help me fix this problem. I love this item, I use this every day. Please respond to post. THANK YOU. Please! please! please! :frowning:

@jer123 wrote:

Please respond to post. THANK YOU. Please! please! please! :frowning:

There’s no need for all that.

To your problem . . . you say you’ve tried the reset by pressing and holding the button button. Just so you know, this won’t turn it on, only reset it. You then have to release the button and then press it again momentarily to turn it on.

Have you done this, or are you simply holdinig the power button down, waiting for it to spring to life?

20-30 secs. is normally enough time to reset these things, but occasionally we have heard of it taking up to (and even slightly past) a minute.

You also might try powering it on with a combination button press. Some have claimed pressing the HOME button or sometimes the Center button at the same time (or a split-second after) as the power button have woke up their machines.

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile: Tapeworm, Thanks for the response, I tried all of  that. The combination hold, restart and hard reset. But still not turning on… :frowning:

This is topical. I’m having the exact same problem. I had my sansa clip today after digging it out of a box after a year and it still had some battery power left. I hooked it up to an iPhone charger and left it for a couple of hours. When I came back and unplugged it it wouldn’t turn on.

Is there a repair center for this device??? :frowning: I love this device. I’m afraid I wont be able to use this anymore. I did all trouble shootings that I can. But still not turning on :frowning:

Unfortunately, no. Labor and/or diagnostic costs are too prohibitive. It would cost more than a completely new player.

If your player is still under warranty though, SanDisk will replace it if defective. Contact them here about it:

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

My Sandisk Clip ZIP is now working!!! YEY!!!  THANKS GUYS!!!

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

how it gets resolved?

*** My sister (the owner-hehehe) did the hard reset(pressing and holding the power button for 1 min) then she connected it to her laptop of course via USB cord and left it for like an hour.

Whats the cause of the problem???

*** After it gets fixed, I connected my earphones (grounded) to my sandisk. Then it died again. >hysteical>
I realized, that was the earphones that my Dad used before the device stop turning on.

I know that I am late…by three whole years. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

It worked TODAY!!! Your advice and instruction is invaluable.