Reporting "unplayable" file

Hi,

Is there a proper way I can report a file that won’t play back? I ripped one of my CD’s in AAC, encoding it with Nero, as I always do, but only the first track plays back. Any other file encoded in exactly the same manner plays back just fine. I have re-encoded the files a couple of times, but it doesn’t fix it.

Raph

If you can upload the file to a file-hostiing site and provide a link to it here, someone might be able to take a look at it for you, possibly even someone from the dev. team at Sandisk.

Are you sure the other files aren’t protected? The Clip Zip only plays unprotected AAC files. The Clip Zip does have issues though with some AAC files. The AAC support on the Clip Zip is far from perfect. I suggest you rip the CD to mp3 files.

@jk98 wrote:
Are you sure the other files aren’t protected? The Clip Zip only plays unprotected AAC files. The Clip Zip does have issues though with some AAC files. The AAC support on the Clip Zip is far from perfect. I suggest you rip the CD to mp3 files.

This is probably the best option.

But if the OP ripped his own CD with the same ripping program and same settings, why would 1 track play, but not the others. That makes no sense.

Of course, he could always try a different ripping program.

@tapeworm wrote:

But if the OP ripped his own CD with the same ripping program and same settings, why would 1 track play, but not the others. That makes no sense.

Of course, he could always try a different ripping program.

I’ve heard people say AAC tracks over a certain length often fail. Perhaps its a longer track then the others?

Yes, that might be it; the first track, which plays, is less than 10 minutes, while the others which skip are over 15 minutes. I’ll try and see if I can reproduce for other long tracks, but, if I do, I guess there’s no need to supply the files to Sandisk. I just hope that, if the problem is known, they will address it in the next firmware upgrade.

@mrgou wrote:

Yes, that might be it; the first track, which plays, is less than 10 minutes, while the others which skip are over 15 minutes. I’ll try and see if I can reproduce for other long tracks, but, if I do, I guess there’s no need to supply the files to Sandisk. I just hope that, if the problem is known, they will address it in the next firmware upgrade.

If there is a next firmware upgrade…

@marvin_martian wrote:

Let’s hope the upgrade published two months ago isn’t the last…

@mrgou wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Let’s hope the upgrade published two months ago isn’t the last…

Wouldn’t be surprised if it weren’t.