Removing sd card from player

Is there anything special that must be done to remove the card (eg player turned off)?

Push it in until the spring-lock mechanism releases it (2 faint clicks). Careful though . . . keep you finger (or fingernail) on it as the spring pushes it out or it could will shoot across the room and you’ll be on your hands and knees with a flashlight. :wink:

And yes, it’s is best if the player is off whenever inserting or removing it.

I lost the first microSD card I had for my Clip+ this way, it shooting across the room into the carpeting. 10 years from now, when readily available and inexpensive cards routinely hold 200+ GB of data, someone will have a nifty 8GB card from my carpeting . . . .

If the vacuum hasn’t eaten it for a snack by then. :smileyvery-happy:

And not just on a Clip Zip.   I lost a card in just this way with a Roku unit.

True! I’ve had my nail slip from a card, only to launch the little beastie into orbit. Glad the floor was a light color.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Ditto, but unfortunately with plush and deep carpeting . . . .    :frowning:

Manufacturers should make them a bright color like neon pink or green to make the cards easier to find.

@mags1230 wrote:
Manufacturers should make them a bright color like neon pink or green to make the cards easier to find.

I actually chose a case for my new phone that is half black, and half a garish shade of neon green…figuring the phone would be easier to see. Of course, given the size of the phone, maybe I didn’t need to worry about that…lol.

It’s easy to see that your phone will stand out even in low light areas. lol I love LG phones. Recently replaced my old LG one with another flip style one. Regrettably there’s only a black case for it. Maybe I’ll spray paint it another color…not in neon though. lol