Protective Case?

Hello, I just got my new Gray 8 GIG Sandisk ClipZip, and wonder if there’s a protective silicone-type skin or other protective case for it. I have a Sandisk ClipPLUS and have a really nice tight-fitting blue silicone case for it, which protects it from scratches, dings and dents. My new ClipZip will be damaged for sure without protection - is there something available for it? I check on eBay and they don’t have anything YET; anyone help me out?

Its such a new product that shy of getting something from Sandisk Its gonna be pretty tough to find something. I would check amazon as well. I currently use a case designed for some headphones I have. 

Yep–it’s so early that I haven’t seen anything yet.  SanDisk typically leaves this to 3rd-party providers–I would expect cases (likely, a silicone case–would nice to see a leather as well, folks!) in the next 1-2 months. 

If our SanDisk reps or ANYONE else finds something to fit my new Clip Zip 8 Gig Gray, please post it here! I don’t wanna bang my new player up so that it looks ghetto, so the sooner the better! Thank you very much in advance!

Willster

I wish Sandisk would package their players with a basic silicon skin. This would greatly add to customer satisfaction.

@jk98 wrote:

I wish Sandisk would package their players with a basic silicon skin. This would greatly add to customer satisfaction.

In many cases, I think you’re right…for example, the Fuze (original, not Fuze+) was a scratch magnet of the highest order. I don’t think it’s necessary with Clips though, with the exception of the Clip+.

Why the Clip+? Because the microsd card sticks out a little bit, and can be bumped, which can trigger an unwanted database refresh. The Clip+ I still have was given to me because of that, actually…my friend was tired of having it happen to him when he was out and about. I kept a trimmed down silicone skin on mine to protect the card (I cut away what covered the front of the player because it interfered with blind operation) until I got the Clip Zip…then I just moved the card over to the Clip Zip, where it is flush with the side of the player. So now, no more skin on the Clip+.

My two original Clips, and two Clip+ that I have had, the only scratches they ever incurred while in my possession were on the clip itself, not the rest of the player.

The case isn’t primarily for preventing scratches(although it does this also), but to protect the player when it is dropped. A basic skin is cheap to make, but not so easy to find(or someone might have to pay high shipping and give their credit card number to a small unknown vendor when buying it over the net).

@jk98 wrote:

The case isn’t primarily for preventing scratches(although it does this also), but to protect the player when it is dropped. A basic skin is cheap to make, but not so easy to find(or someone might have to pay high shipping and give their credit card number to a small unknown vendor when buying it over the net).

Protect a Clip when dropping it? They’re so light that more often than not, the headphone cord will keep it from hitting the ground, and when it doesn’t, they just bounce.:wink:

Ah, Marvin, you just have the luck of the Irish.   ;)    Others of us just collect scratches and detrimental drops, like lint in a laundry.  

I like the idea of including a case with the player when purchased (why not drop the headphones in place of a case, if a choice needs to be made?), although it would add to the cost–but only minimally, in the case of a silicone skin.  Personally, I’d avoid the silcone ones in that case, at least as they currently exist, as they tend to take away from the Clip players’ nice looks a bit–but they could be redesigned some to improve matters in that regard.

Would be great if SanDisk could team up with a case manufacturer for its products and then have the cases offered at the SanDisk online store (and elsewhere).  Seemingly, everyone would benefit.  I purchased a small leather case for my original Clip, years back, from i-nique (now tuff-luv.com?), and it really was a nice case that showed off the Clip well (the current case they have for the Clip+ isn’t nearly as nice). 

I found a leather case for the e200 a year ago, with magnetic front flap.  Only once did I have the little guy in my pocket sans cover, and it fell from my pocket as I leaned over.  Such a shame, but the device is working fine.

As for the wee Clips , that’s an entirely different story.  These little guys are NHL material, they’re digital hockey pucks!!  My three daughters have run them through everything, including the washer (three times).  Can’t kill 'em, and they still look very nice.  As original Clips, they have been through a few replacement rear clips, of course.

I’d love to see a nice flip type leather cover for the Clip Zip, as it’s better in the pocket with things like keys, coins, et cetera.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought I might be in the market for some kind of skin for my new CZ as well, until I got the nifty little case that was bundled with my unit from the Sandisk store.  It’s kind of cool.  It has an area for a pair of IEM’s and 3 micro SDHC cards, in additon to the unit itself.  With the case in hand, I don’t think I’ll need anything else to protect the wee little player…

Funny!  I haven’t washed mine…yet, but they are durable wee cuties. I’m short so the headphone cord can’t even save mine from the floor and heaven knows it’s hit more than a time or two.  I am hoping my new Zip is as sturdy.

@neutron_bob wrote:

As for the wee Clips , that’s an entirely different story. 

@bob_k wrote:

With the case in hand, I don’t think I’ll need anything else to protect the wee little player…

@detepe wrote:

Funny!  I haven’t washed mine…yet, but they are durable wee cuties.

Bob . . . just look at what you started! :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we please start using another synonym?

@tapeworm wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

As for the wee Clips , that’s an entirely different story. 

@bob_k wrote:

With the case in hand, I don’t think I’ll need anything else to protect the wee little player…

@detepe wrote:

Funny!  I haven’t washed mine…yet, but they are durable wee cuties.

Bob . . . just look at what you started! :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we please start using another synonym?

If they reproduced, would the offspring be the wee, wee Clip Zip? :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

If they reproduced, would the offspring be the wee, wee Clip Zip? :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as they don’t develop into this . . .

:smileyvery-happy:

I wear mine on the buttoned front of my shirt while listening to tunes to/from work. I’m sure the earphone plug & cord will keep it within my reach should it unlikely come loose, but it still can be scratched up bumping into things (I commute using public transportation) like people’s backpacks, etc., standing in line.

I’ve had the silicone cover for my Clip+ from the start; I just wish that I had something similar for my new CZ gray 8 gB.

Willster

First person to post here a sighting of a Clip Zip case gets, well, contentment in being first.   :slight_smile:

Here you go! 

Come on Tape!  Got in the habit of using wee from me Mum, hehehe.  I had to close the screen, lest the wee beasties get inside, right?  The term isn’t as common in use here in the States, but in the UK, it’s a wee bit more common.

There just isn’t a term that fits the diminuitive little sansa as well, I’m afraid.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Aye, if it’s not Scottish, it’s CR@P!

More than just a wee bit funny there, Bob! Great Stuff!

:smileyvery-happy:

To hold me over…I bought a sandisk sansa clip silicone cover off Amazon.  A pair of scissors and a few snips later and I have a functional silicone cover for the clip zip (I make the screen opening larger to accomodate the zip’s screen).  The front buttons work fine behind the cover tho obviously the button placement doesn’t match the clip’s.  The volume control, USB plug, and headphone jack are all accessible using this cover without any alteration.  It should keep it shiney and new looking until someone comes out with one designed for the zip.