Please Help Me m240!

Hey

My friend deleted my config and sys files and now im unable to even connect my computer!

If anyoencan help me email me at d_sar_gold@hotmail.com

what does it say on the screen of the player?

I have got the same problem? were can i get the config and stuff?:cry:

there is a software to recovery all data from a corrupted m240?

Enigma,

When I turn on my Sansa M230 the screen says welcome and all the background colors come on one at a time. After that the screen goes blank and there is no response to button pushes, unless it is the power button and the same thing happens as before.

When I plug the unit in to my laptop (xp, and all other requirements) the player shows a computer with a note in the screen on the left of the display, the middle reads “READY” and the right has files. The laptop continually pops up the found new hardware bubble with “MTP Device” in it.

When I go to the control panel no device is listed, under the device manager a yellow exclamation point is showing on the MTP device. I have uninstalled and plugged the unit back in to no avail.

When I open the windows media player and try to sync the music no player shows as being connected.

I have not called the help line yet, I am hoping to resolve this without having to make the call.

Hope this helps.

Rob

06WranglerRob wrote:

Enigma,

When I turn on my Sansa M230 the screen says welcome and all the background colors come on one at a time. After that the screen goes blank and there is no response to button pushes, unless it is the power button and the same thing happens as before.

When I plug the unit in to my laptop (xp, and all other requirements) the player shows a computer with a note in the screen on the left of the display, the middle reads “READY” and the right has files. The laptop continually pops up the found new hardware bubble with “MTP Device” in it.

When I go to the control panel no device is listed, under the device manager a yellow exclamation point is showing on the MTP device. I have uninstalled and plugged the unit back in to no avail.

When I open the windows media player and try to sync the music no player shows as being connected.

I have not called the help line yet, I am hoping to resolve this without having to make the call.

Hope this helps.

Rob

The first part sounds bad. I’m pretty sure you will have the same result, but have you tried another computer? Sounds like it might need to get replaced

I’ll try another computer and let you know what I find. Meanwhile I’ll shop around for a replacement.

Thanks for the help,

Rob

just so your aware, it has a 1 year warranty. SanDisk gives you a pre-paid shipping label, if you live in the states. Pretty simple process, about a 7-10 turn-around time.

Unfortunately I can’t find the receipt so the 1 year deal is out. When I connected to another computer I could see the device but it appeared “empty”. I couldn’t read it, Format it or anything. I would get an error about an I/O problem. I did find the quick start guide and for some reason I hand wrote “Java runtime environment from Java.com” Any idea how that could help?

if you lost the receipt, you should still give email support@sandisk.com. Let them know whats up and see what happens. worst case scenariou = your stuck in the same situation. No skin off your nose.

no idea how Java has anythign to do with your player, sorry.

Yes, I have a problem with my m240. Everytime I turn it on it only shows the intro and thats it and wont play the music I downloaded on it. The screen says this:

First it says:  SanDisk
                   Initializing

The 2nd thing it shows is this: Sansa

m240 1. 0GB

Thats all it says and repeats over and over and over again. It wont stop and it started to do that yesterday afternoon after I downloaded a few new songs. Can you please help me?

If your m240 connects to the PC (sometimes they will in this state), try formatting it and maybe reinstalling the firmware. Invalid MP3’s can cause this to happen.  Removing the batteries and holding the power button down for a few seconds sometimes resets the unit.  If that doesn’t get it and it’s under warranty, it’s replacement time.  If it’s not under warranty, you may be able to get it going by removing and replacing the memory card.  See the following forum thread for this fix.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=m200&message.id=1543&query.id=108496#M1543

If you can get it going, here is a link with step by step instructions for a “complete” format.

http://www.tnni.net/~walterjmoore/m250/formatting.htm

Lotsa Luck,