Player to buy w/ physical buttons, fall 2016 edition?

@dfeld2005 wrote:

This player has physical buttons that I can easily locate and use while not looking at the device. The volume buttons are a bit tiny for use while wearing gloves (?) 

I don’t need to constantly adjust the volume while wearing gloves, don’t worry about that. :wink:

@dfeld2005 wrote:

In my opinion, the various complaints by new owners on Amazon are mainly due to unreasonable high expectations and minimal effort to consult all the helpful solutions available within this user forum.  Maybe read through the last several months of this forum and see if your concerns can be resolved?

With respect to your opinion, I don’t buy your whole argument. The average user, consumer doesn’t have to, even shouldn’t read obscured forums like this, let alone know of their existence!

As far as overall review scores on Amazon are fair (it’s debatable, but that’s a separate discussion), products which are intuitive to use end up having higher consumer satisfaction, a higher overall review score by most customers. The iPod Shuffle scores high. The Sandisk Sansa Clip/Clip+ scored high. The Clip Sport doesn’t score high. Personally, I would’t really buy anything below a 4/5 score, a 3.5/5 is a good sign for a highly probable no buy from me. A 4/5 score may represent an overall very good product, which is just not for everyone’s taste, the iPod Shuffle is a case in point. (At some listing it’s a 4/5, while at other listings it’s a 4.5/5, so, who knows?) I have the same experience with books and music rated as 4/5 as well. It’s about taste.

I mean, did SanDisk made its new players specifically for nerds who read and contribute to the Sandisk Forums? I don’t think so. If it had a nerdy, niche audience in mind, it certainly updated the Clip/Clip+, if you just see the number of post, thread counts for the forums of each player, the Clip/Clip+ is still far the most popular one.