Lag When Skipping/Selecting Songs

Lag usually lasts from ten seconds to half a minute or more depending on if I skipped to the next song or I am selecting a song from the library. I’ve cleared out the MP3 player and checked the songs before putting them back in and that didn’t work and it has the latest firmware from what I’ve been able to gather.

Any ideas as to how I can get rid of this lag?

I don’t know if this will help, but you might try manually reapplying the latest firmware (see the firmware sticky thread at the top of this forum)–glitches can develop over time.

Could be something with the files . . . what format are they? What bit-rate? How long?

I did the update and it’s still lagging.

As for the files, they’re all in MP3 and I think with all of them there’s at 0kbps and the length of the songs varies but there’s mostly three to four minutes long, though I have a couple that are about six minutes long.

LurkingAion wrote:…

they’re all in MP3 and I think with all of them there’s at 0kbps…

There are no MP3s with 0 kbps. Maybe 160, 200 or 320 kbps? Should’n matter for the Zip anyway.

Another question: How are your MP3s organized on the player? Are all of them in one folder? I have two Clip Sports, one with a 32 GB card and a usual folder structure on it, the other one with a 64 GB card with all music files stored in one folder. The former behaves rather normally, just a tad slower than Clip+ or Zip; the latter has considerable lags, similar to the ones you described.

That’s what all of the ones I looked at said when it comes to the kbps when I look at the Properties of the songs on the Clip.

As for how they’re all sorted file wise… they’re all in the Music file and every single song is in their own files with the name of whatever artist they are from. Looks like… 200 folders in total, usually one to five songs in each one depending on the artist.

@lurkingaion wrote:

That’s what all of the ones I looked at said when it comes to the kbps when I look at the Properties of the songs on the Clip.

So I guess something’s wrong with your files. You could try to re-rip/re-encode the songs. What encoder did/do you use?

I’d suggest using Rockbox since it has been proven to work with Sandisk prducts for years already.

Sorry for the long wait in my replies. It’s Christmas time and I work in retail. Enough said. lol

Um… I’m not to sure what you mean by an encoder. I use Windows Media Player to put all the songs onto my MP3 player.

And a new issue has arised. I just notied that my “Recently Added” section isn’t showing anything new. I’ve put more songs on there since the end of November and removed some too but the last one that’s showing is one I put in around Nov. 20th. I removed the song to see if it was the issue and apparently it wasn’t.

@lurkingaion wrote:

…I’m not to sure what you mean by an encoder. I use Windows Media Player to put all the songs onto my MP3 player.

Apparently I was too much occupied by my own perspective, since I’m used to rip CDs (with EAC) and make MP3s from the tracks (with [Razor]Lame) – whereas you seem to download them. So what does the Windows Media Player tell about the bitrates of those MP3s? Where do you get them from actually?

To your «new issue» I have no idea so far.

I get the songs via a mixture of rips from CDs and downloads.Though (and I think this may be the cause) I do have a good chuck that I ripped off YouTube videos just because I couldn’t find a way to download 'em off iTunes or Amazon.

As for WMP and bitrates, where do I go on WMP to find that out exactly?

Right click on the title in the playlist, choose «Properties».

Okay. Properties…file tab…bitrates…

They’re all around 128 Kbps.