How to charge Sansa Fuze+ with Window 7 Home Premium HELLPPP!

I just got a Sansa Fuze+ yesterday  and I realized after I plugged the USB wire into my laptop  it wont charge.

I could put music in and other , but it  just wont charge.  HEEELLLLPPP!!

if the player is not turning on or charging there may be a fix. there was a know issue where the battery can become overly discharged. the fix is to hold the power button down for 30 seconds (this resets the player) then plug it in and let it charge. the LCD should turn on and it will start charging with in an hour of being plugged in. typically 15 to 20 mins depending on how much power the charging source gives. Once the LCD turn on and the device starts charging let it charge for about 3 hours for a full charge. 

this issue is suppose to be fixed with the latest version of firmware. After it gets done charging make sure you update to the latest firmware. there is a frimware thread at the top of this board with the download links and installation instructions. 

Also be aware that some laptops do not put out adequate power to the USB ports to charge an external device. Their ‘prime directive’ as you know is to conserve power. Some ports may put out more than others, so try different ones and make sure the laptop is connected to AC power itself at the time.

Well I just got it yesterday , I didn’t even used it yet. I don’t  think if I hold down the power would resets the player since there is no battery. everytime I plug it in to my laptop the player it is connected  and on the right top corner the battery is full green but  I check the file of sansa fuze+ in my laptop ,it says: Critically low. Also if I unplug it , it would just die … Like there is no battery.

There are 3 USB ports in my laptop . And I tried all of them . The Sansa Fuze+ is connected  but not charged

well if it is turning on and showing connected while plugged into the computer and immidiatly shutting off when disconnected it sounds like a bad battery or like the battery leads have came un soldered. either way it is a hardware issue and the device will need to be replaced. Fastest way to do that would be to return it to the place of purchase but you could always contact sandisk suport for warranty

@skybluez520 wrote:

Well I just got it yesterday , I didn’t even used it yet. I don’t  think if I hold down the power would resets the player since there is no battery. everytime I plug it in to my laptop the player it is connected  and on the right top corner the battery is full green but  I check the file of sansa fuze+ in my laptop ,it says: Critically low. Also if I unplug it , it would just die … Like there is no battery.

Not saying it isn’t defective, because it may very well be. but . . . this happens a lot with Win 7; we’ve heard of this “critically low battery” issue before

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Board%3AFuzeplus&q=critically+low#/?location=Category%253Amp3&q=critically+low&search_type=thread&filter=location

Have you tried leaving it connected to charge for a few hours? After that time go by the battery charge indicator or info on the player; don’t believe what Win 7 tells you.

Really … Win 7 is a liar. But I did tried to leave the connected to charge for few hours yesterday but after I unplugged it , it just die.Like no battery  LOL

So if i ignore the Critically low sign. the player are charging right?  .   but i charged it for 2 hours now . and i unplugged it .it still wont turn on .

I recently had some charging issues like you are having now.  What I would do is connect  your unit to a wall charger.    After 15 minutes you should be able to view the charge level on the Fuse+ in the settings menu under info.  I should increase in another 10 minutes by a  measurable  amount.    You can complete the charge on the wall charger or move the unit back to you laptop.    Once you get through this charging cycle you will most likely be able to charge your player anywhere with no problems.

How can I connect my thing to the wall charger >

Hopefully you have a charger for a cell phone on bluetooth device with the same size plug. That is on you Fuse+.   The Fuse+ is not picky about brands.  Try a car charger.

If you do not have a wall charger, check with a friend or neighbor.  Most likely you will not need to borrow this thing often.  

I have seen all options fail at least once recently.  I think the underling secret is change.  Nothing is broken permanently.  As I stated yesterday you can check the charging level while connected to the wall charger and also the car charger.