How do you get the song's time and duration displayed on the Clip Zip?

Thanks!!!

Currently, click on the lower button, the submenu key, then select Track Info.  Here, the duration is shown.

To read the current track position, take this number and make a note of it.  Mount the Clip Zip in a PanaVise or similar tool.  At the opposite end of a table, sight a surveyor’s transit on the wee dot  in the progress bar.

Sight a measurement from edge to edge, noting the minutes of arc transited by the little dot from one end to the other.  Take this measurement, and divide the total time available for the track, found in the duration  field of the track info screen above, into a table of elapsed time versus seconds of arc.

That’s the best way I can to gauge elapsed time accurately, using the current display.

Or, let’s see, you could change the genre  of the desired track to podcast , then you could find it for playback by navigating, on the device, to Books > Podcasts > desired track, and observe the cool time elapsed / time remaining display whick will then be available under the progress bar.

I am really looking forward to a decent time display, at least, a selectable display option, for music playback.  Hopefully, it will be available in the near future as an option in the firmware.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

In short, you can’t, right now–many of us have asked and are hoping that SanDisk issues a firmware upgrade that includes this information/enhancement, along with a current track no./total tracks no. indicator.

@marvin_martian wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:  :smileyvery-happy:

I feel a psychic message coming through…

and the answer is…

darn, lost the connection.   :wink:

@mags1230 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:  :smileyvery-happy:

I feel a psychic message coming through…

and the answer is…

darn, lost the connection.   :wink:

I have no doubt whatsoever that you know what I am thinking…you’re a smart girl. young woman.:wink:

Marvin_Martian wrote: 

I have no doubt whatsoever that you know what I am thinking…you’re a smart girl. young woman.:wink:

:wink:

And I agree with what you’re thinking.  I’m looking forward to seeing what the future improvements/enhancements will be on both sides.  It can only make the player better.

@marvin_martian wrote:

Hint:

Another hint:

Any update on this issue?  I just got mine for Christmas and immediately noticed the lack track information display.  Thanks.

Hi mags1230 and Marvin_Martian admins,your both posts are same,I am confused

@aufbach wrote:

Any update on this issue?  I just got mine for Christmas and immediately noticed the lack track information display.  Thanks.

No change in this display yet, sorry.   :(   Apparently, the SanDisk engineers dropped the track info. so as not to clutter the album art, even though many of us would find the track info. more–or equally so–useful in the end.  Perhaps a firmware upgrade will come to correct this–suggest it . . . .

@mdas wrote:

Hi mags1230 and Marvin_Martian admins,your both posts are same,I am confused

Yes you are. Mags and Marvin, while full-fledged and respected Sansa gurus are not administrators.

I wish to add my voice to this concern. I immediately noticed this omission and the lack of option and it’s quite jarring, especially since in very long orchestral tracks I’d skip to certain time locations sometimes. Now it’s all guesswork. I love the product so far, other than this.

+1. (Actually, by now and with all my “+1”'s on this topic, I’m probably at +14. :wink: )

So I tried a work-around where I renamed all of an album’s MP3 file names, beginning them with a number and no space between the song name.  For example: 1Lonely Boy.  My thinking was that at least this file name change would now display the song’s number at the beginning.  However, this didn’t work - the song names continued to display without the number.  

I also tried using capital letters at the beginning, with and without a dash (A-Lonely Boy; ALonely Boy), with no success.  Also, I tried putting the number or letter at the end of the filename, intead of at the beginning.  However, still no success – all of the songs continued to display exactly as they did before any of my edits.  

Finally, I tried deleting the album entirely, changing the filenames “offline” and then reloading.  No success.

Any thoughts on why changing the MP3 filename has no impact on the display of the song name in the SanDisk player?

Thanks.

@aufbach wrote:

Any thoughts on why changing the MP3 filename has no impact on the display of the song name in the SanDisk player?

Because the Zip (and all other SanDisk players) reads the ID3 tag of the file and displays the information contained within, not the files names.

And for the life of me, I can’t figure out what your question has to do with the topic of this thread which is the absence of a song’s time & duration beinig displayed on the Zlip player. :confounded:

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to hijack the thread.  Just thought it was a loosely related topic - since the SanDisk doesn’t seem to display a song’s number (as it relates to an album) anymore either.  In any case, thanks for your explanation.

Way late, +1.  Who gives a ■■■■ about album art on an MP3 player?  Duration is 20x more useful.  

I listen to audiobooks a lot and now its a pain to find out where I was or get back to where I left off.  I DL audiobooks from the library, so I have to sync them onto my sansa, and can’t seem to figure out how to put them in the audiobook folder

I gree with wcmurphy1: duration is 20x more useful than album art! I need jump to 45minut precise, I strongly do not want seeking randomly in time. # My seller can not notify me BEFORE purchase so Clip Zip not show a track time! Why…? This fact is VERY important for majority of people…