Fuze+ freezes when i try to view music

I recently got the Fuze+ 8GB (and have owned the original Fuze previously), and did notice sluggishness in viewing music lists, moving from artists to albums to songs etc, but in the past days it has just been flat out freezing every time I try to view my music list.

I do have a large amount of music, maybe 6.5ish gigs/1300 songs, and in the past couple days I’ve been listening through my full music list, but that doesn’t really explain why it keeps freezing.

Now when I turn it on, it will bring up the loading screen for a long time, freeze for a few minutes when the loading thing stops lighting up in a circle, then whenever i try to click on the music list it will 5 or 10 seconds later go to a black screen, and stay like that.

I just downloaded new firmware today (of course with the load screen problem it’s not certain how much the mp3 really accepted the upgrade), and the player responds fine to plugging into the computer and gets recognized by the computer, but all problems listed above are still evident.

My original Fuze had a different freezing problem at one point, and I had to manually reformat it by plugging it into the computer and holding a button, and I was wondering if i have to do that, or if this problem is fixed some other way.

While the Fuze+ is off, hold the volume down button while connecting it to the computer. The device should then be recognized as a removable disk. Format the Sansa and reload your songs and hopefully you’l’ get a faster navigation on music list. I would also suggest that you download Mp3tag and make sure that the tags are set to  ID3v2 (Id3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

Thank you so much!

You’re welcome. :wink:

@jamieson wrote:

While the Fuze+ is off, hold the volume down button while connecting it to the computer. The device should then be recognized as a removable disk. Format the Sansa and reload your songs and hopefully you’l’ get a faster navigation on music list. I would also suggest that you download Mp3tag and make sure that the tags are set to  ID3v2 (Id3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

could you elaborate how to do this? I have used mp3tag for quite some time, mainly just for batch renaming…not so much for the tag editing features… I see the option in the options to save as that version of ID3v2 but I’m not sure how to convert all existing tags to that format…

@blast0id wrote:

could you elaborate how to do this? I have used mp3tag for quite some time, mainly just for batch renaming…not so much for the tag editing features… I see the option in the options to save as that version of ID3v2 but I’m not sure how to convert all existing tags to that format…

Set the ‘Write’ settings in the Tools menu to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

Open up the directory/folder containing the files you want to edit/change.

Highlight them.

Press the SAVE icon.

Done.