Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

it Just takes practice and a steady finger. I’ve had mine for a couple of years.

I want a Sansa with a touch screen though (like the current iPods).

And better screen visibility in outside sunlight.

Please, please, please either fix the useless touch pad or bring back actual buttons and scroll-wheel that work.  And ensure all the buttons have some tactile feed-back. 

And for Khryste sake, make these things at least a little water resistant.  Advertising them being used in outdoor, athletic activities when the merest hint of water vapor gives them coniptions is, at best, a lie.  Or produce an actual water-resistant case.

Seriously going to go out and replace my fuze+ with a Sony or something that friggen works.  I want my e200 back.

Sandisk relaced the player, so I have a new one.  I’m tempted to resell it while it’s new cause I still have 2 e280’s.  The touch pad is irritating and I’m semi-convinced that I( should keep my options open.

@deucesup22 wrote:

Sandisk relaced the player, so I have a new one.  I’m tempted to resell it while it’s new cause I still have 2 e280’s.  The touch pad is irritating and I’m semi-convinced that I( should keep my options open.

If you can find someone willing to buy it, then do it. If you end up stuck with it, Rockbox it.

You have a very impressive collection.  Can’t have too many MP3 players.

I just purchased a factory reconditioned Sansa Fuze+ 4GB and added a new 32GB Sandisk Micro SDHC card to it. My operating system is Win XP with update 3. I will not use Windows Media Player - too intrusive. My music is mp3 with each CD in its own folder. The USB mode is set to MSC. I can move music files from my music archive to the Sansa fine - drag and drop or copy and paste.

What I really need to make this player useful are playlists that allow me to keep my mp3’s organized as folder per CD but allow me to put whatever music file I want into a playlist wherever it resides on the sansa.

I have several other Sansa’s, but their memory is so small (512MB and 1GB) that not having a playlist is not an issue.

I really don’t need all of the music organizing that you do - album/artist/genre etc. I prefer to do my own organizing.

The capacitive touch is crappy. I don’t know where the button is and the is not feedback that I have pressed it.  The screen is OK. I converted some movies to sansa format using free software and they work ok.

@davbbley wrote:

_ I really don’t need all of the music organizing that you do - album/artist/genre etc _. I prefer to do my own organizing.

You may not, but it (the player) does.

I guess that you really don’t need my feedback.

@davbbley wrote:

I guess that you really don’t need my feedback.

Sorry, I didn’t realize what thread you were posting in and that you were making a suggestion. I bounce around so much here, the thread titles get blurred and I sometimes only concentrate on the post contents. Reading how you just bought this player, I assumed you were asking for advice on how it worked, or how to do what you wanted. My mistake in mis-understanding and I apologize.

Of course everyone’s input and feedback are welcome here, Having said that though, please realize the Fuze+ is 3 years old now and has not had any firmware updates in over 2 years, so it’s doubtful SanDisk is still monitoring this thread for any bugs or potential features. Also, it seems unlikely SanDisk is going to continue with any new mp3 player models in the future as the dedicated player “fad” seems to have run its course and the majority of people are now combining their music onto their smartphones.

Still, welcome to the forum and again, please accept my apology in not recognizing your intent in your original post. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions or problem with your new ‘toy’. :smiley:

I added a reply to an existing thread but wanted to add to this one too.  What are the chances of getting video playback to work the same was as music files?  I’d like to see shuffle, skipping to next/prev video while playing, and constant playing of video files without having to launch each individually.  I have several music videos and this could be SUCH a great music video player if they could make this simple changes.

Thanks!

HAH!  What are the odds that there will be a new Fuze?

I just want intelligent tag sorting.

I have audiobooks that have the title of the book in the album ID3 field, the author in the artist field, the chapter number in the track field, and the title of each chapter in the title field. This seems eminently reasonable and predictable to me. But the Sansa doesn’t get it by default and will not allow me to explain it.

I laughed when I saw that somebody had trademarked the phrase “your media, your way.” Ha! I have to use WMP to make a playlist, and only for music. Audiobooks don’t work if you put them in the audiobook folder, but only in the podcase folder. But they still won’t allow decent playlists or sorting. So I put them in the music folder. Now they’re at least in order, but don’t support playlists from what I can tell.

For a company that’s been doing this for sooooo long, I’d think you’d have ease-of-use figured out and easily implemented with little effort on every new device.

If anyone is listening, thanks for listening…

I really don’t have time to sort through 34 pages of complaints about the lock/unlock function to see if anyone has addressed a couple of real issues with the Fuze+: computer interface (Windows or other) and on-device deletions.

Recently encountered issues with MP3 tags left me with a bunch of random music entries based on “artist” names not associated with the album artist(s). I corrected that with MP3Tag software on my computer, but to incorporate that onto the Fuze+, I have to completely wipe the Music folder (as it appears in Windows) and reload, hoping I haven’t missed a tag. When I discover the OMG!!! Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/“artist I’ve never heard of”, I have to go through the entire process again. Or… delete each song individually using the touchpad. After the first 10 or so, I want to through the damned device in the trash!

Please allow entire “folders” to be deleted from the touchpad or…

Fix the computer interface so those Unknown folders can be seen/editted/deleted from the keyboard. And while you’re there, the same issues apply to errant Playlists. The Playlist folder shows NONE of the playlists on my computer, just the “canned” list that comes with the Fuze+.

So, in spite of my comment about not having time to plow through 34 pages of posts, I did read your reply to davbbley and I, quite frankly, found it a tad on the condescending side. To assume that the entire world is jumping on the smartphone bandwagon is cutting off an entire segment of the consumer community.

I, personally, am older than the general run-of-the-mill Gen X/Y/Z/millenial group and I neither have nor intend to have a smartphone, regardless of brand. All I want is a fully functional MP3 player that plays music and makes sense when I sit down to create my music environment. If, as you say, Sansa is not likely to make anymore improvements to the Fuze+ nor release a newer, improved version, then I guess I can just toss your “piece” in the trash and go back to my FM radio.

Sorry I’m so far behind the times . Sorry for you that Sansa sin’t in the smartphone business; sounds like that’s where you’d like to be.

Lonestar,

I am with you, I too, want to keep dedicated MP3 players on the market.  I use mine with an FM transmitter in my car (older car, no Aux input unless it is on the back of my radio, but I’m not tearing apart my dash just to find out) instead of carrying a sh*tload of CD’s.  I don’t think my Fuze+ (felt the same way about my Fuze when I had a Fuze) is in as much danger of being stolen as a smartphone would be, so I leave my Fuze+ attached and in sight in my car 99% of the time (ignore the fact that I would take out a full page ad thanking the theif for taking my Fuze+ since it’s a b*$# to use).  I also have a separate GPS device.  Found out the hard way that a smartphone has drawbacks when using it for other uses.  We were using my wife’s phone’s GPS ability, but when she got a phone call, all of a sudden the GPS went away and we did not have the dedicated GPS to back us up.  We missed a key turn and had to back track, luckily my wife did not go on and on as she usually does, we’d have ended up in Alaska (we’re on the East Coast, US) :wink: we only had to back track a mile or two. 

That said, I have to admit that we are dinosaurs as the majority of the market has moved on to multi-use devices such as smartphones.  So, that means manufacturers will keep products in markets that they sell, so we probably will not see a new Fuze, but we might see a new Clip, as people do want a small MP3 player to use when they’re excercising and in situations where they could get damaged, lost (i.e used by kids, outdoor parties/gettogethers, etc.).  With the exception of price, I am leaning toward one of Cowon’s products replacing my Fuze+ at some point, however, the Clip Zip is a hard to beat value.

I hope Sandisk keeps making these players.

I have been so happy with my Fuze+. I admit, the touch controls aren’t quite the best on the market but I enjoy using the player anyway. The sound quality is what really made me feel that I made the right choice for my needs.

It seems people are moving towards using cell phones for pretty much everything but I am really not enthusiastic about this development.

I don’t want dedicated audio players to go. No way.

Sapphire87 wrote:

It seems people are moving towards using cell phones for pretty much everything but I am really not enthusiastic about this development.

I (and I think a lot of others) agree. But please, no more disasters like the Fuze+. :cry:

@tapeworm wrote:

Sapphire87 wrote:

I (and I think a lot of others) agree. But please, no more disasters like the Fuze+. :cry:

Sapphire,

I share your sentiments. There’sno way I’m going to the gym with my new smartphone. I’m satisfied with my Fuze _ although recently, the headphone jack has loossened and I now ned to pry it open and resolder the jack.

The controls are far too sensitive, I:ve had posdcast star all over on me but I can’t get itto fast forward.

I do hope that Sandisk add a new Fuze+ with  builtin Bluetooth

xavieer

Bring back the physical buttons.  Even if the touchpad wasn’t overly sensitive, it’s impossible to manipulate without looking at it or in a dark bedroom.  I defy anyone to hit the center of the touchpad while exercising.