Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

This device is close to being my favorite mp3 player I’ve ever used.  Here are my suggestions for improving.

Firmware 1.32 added bookmarking for podcasts.  Unfortunately you have to press pause to create a restore point.  It should automatically create a restore point when you pause or even if you start playing something else. Also, if you go into the folder for a specific podcast, if there is a podcast bookmarked, it should automatically jump to and highlight that podcast (the one most previously bookmarked.)  I personally would like the device to bookmark any album or playlist, not just podcasts and audiobooks.  This could be a feature you could allow to be turned on/off if it is unpopular with others.

Allow mp3 (and wma/ogg/etc) audiobooks to show up in the audiobooks section like the fuze did…not as individual “books” for each track.

The touchpad can differentiate between slow and quick swipes, so there should be a way to jump to a time index in a track by sliding across the touchpad.  (I’m okay with having to go to the music/podcast/audiobooks options page to find this “skip to time index” feature.)  It takes much too long to fast forward and rewind a long track.  Alternatively, allow us to jump to a time index by choosing the time similarly to how you set the time for the device in the settings menu.

Add a “rewind 10 seconds” option for podcasts and audiobooks that can be acheived without much fuss.

With all the problems people are having with the controls, I think a simple “undo” would do wonders.  I have accidentally restarted songs/podcasts.  I want to be able to just “undo” that.  Even if it takes a few button presses to get to the “undo” feature it would make me a much happier Fuze+ user.

I’m having a problem where my ogg podcasts don’t properly restore from a bookmark if the device has been cycled off and back on.  Fix this.

Add a “rebuild entire database” option so that when we drag album art to the device (as a folder.jpg) or edit a tag while the file is still on the device and it isn’t recognized we can force it.