Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

Please sort Audiobook files by File name and not title, or make it an option under setup.  Being able to sort by file # would sometimes come in handy but many books do not have this info.   I would still display the file title or also make it optional to display Name or title.

This issue was raised in another request.

In Playlist sort order force Music go List to be at the top despite other playlist names.

I’ve used the Fuze+ for about a month now, using it exclusively with Rhapsody To Go and here is my feedback:

Pros

•  Gapless playback

•  Great sound (I use it with Klipsch s4 earbuds)

•  Multiple disk albums are correctly displayed in artist view (unlike Fuze)

Cons

•  Device unlocks itself in my pocket very often

•  Album artwork is displayed with a large white border around it.  This is intermittent, a very few albums are OK for every song, most are not (have the white border on all of the songs or some of the songs)

•  After I deleted a Rhapsody channel, and multiple albums, I needed to do a power button reset of the unit about half the time I turned it on, as it would just go to a blank screen and was unresponsive.  It seems to have fixed itself after a couple of weeks.

Overall impression is that I’m disappointed in the device compared to the Fuze.  It feels like there was very little testing done on the device, as the problems I’m experiencing seem really obvious, and I think I’m a relatively typical user.  I’m hopeful that Sandisk will be prompt with some firmware updates that will address these seemingly basic problems.  If that happens, then I’ll be very happy with the device.

I bought the fuze+ 8gb a few months ago, and I’m very very very frustrated with the device.

* The tagging reading is flawed, I retag music and sometimes the fuze reads ok, sometimes just “unkown artist”.

* The touchpad is terrible! Sometimes works fine, and other ones doesn´t response at all, or too slow.

Honestly, I doesn´t use the fuze+, it’s stored in a box, I’m tired of fighting with music tags, unresponsive touchpad, slow performance, erratic behavior, etc.

Regards.

How about an option to turn off some of the sillier UI eye candy? I really don’t need to view album art whilst (painfully and slowly) scrolling through my album list nor do I need scroll bars or animated letters telling me the obvious. Honestly the UI is a total mess and is so slow that I now only use it in random mode. If I could find my receipt I’d take this thing back in a flash…

The most important request from me would be to make the navigation of this device less than a nightmare and to make the on/off button the lock/unlock function.

Edit - I should add that I am no longer the owner of the Fuze+ because of the navigation issues.  I was tired of fighting the battle and took it back to Best Buy who offered me a refund.  Bought a Sansa Clip on Amazon with my refeund money.  If I would have read the reviews of the Fuze+ before blindly buying it at BB I likely wouldnt have bought it.  However, I have had so many Sansa products in the past that I figured the Fuze+ would be just as good as the rest of them.  Not the case.

The main thing I would like is the background options to be changed so when we select our own photos as backgrounds they’re more visible, and so that they don’t get replaced by album art when listening to music. Currently the only way to do this is to play the music then go to pictures, which means you can’t use the skip/rewind etc functions as they no longer apply to the music.
Oh and I do find it a bit weird that to skip to the next track you can press right, or slide right to left. Personally it seems counter-intuitive to slide the opposite way.
I suppose a good function would be the option to remove the album art altogether and have just the song details in landscape mode so they can take up more of the screen and be easier to read on the fly.

After losing two Clips, I bought a fuze + for myself after buying one for my wife. She likes it a lot. I’m beginning to hate it, mostly because of the inability to create custom playlists with various artists spread out across folders. I’m looking at a touch or nano now.

Aha!  If you transfer your files in MTP mode, you can use .pla format playlists.  These are not path-specific like .m3u playlists used in MSC mode. 

When your music is organized  in folders, these can create “path” issues with the file structure.  If only computers could recognize the relationship between folders as albums in a collection…well, in MTP, this is exactly the case, since the protocol is designed to address the player as a media device.

MTP is great on a Windows platform; if you’re running with a linux system or MacOS, I understand the issue there.  There are playlister utilities available to help…perhaps you could try Media Monkey.

The Fuze+ is optimal in MTP mode.  I remember the headaches encountered with the earlier Fuze (same as Clip+) when building m3u playlists.  There will be plenty of suggestions available via the search box, check the Fuze and Clip forums for them.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 on the recognition of the newer version of the id3 tags.

Also, for the love of all that you hold dear, PLEASE add a Play By Album option. I like to put a lot of albums on, and then play them through, a complete album at a time, but playing all of them. Now, I’ve got to shuffle the album, hit back until I get a song from an album close to the beginning, then turn off shuffle and hit back until I’m all the way back to song #1. Not fun, and not a good way to do it.

Thanks,

PRose

when in an artist from the artist menu allow us to swipe/tap left or right to get to a song list and not just list them by album.

Two weeks into owning and 8gb Fuse+ and so far I’d say “not bad”.  I use my device almost exclusievly for audio books, course lectures and old time radio.  The one feature/improvement that would make the most difference is a new method for moving within a song/title when playing.  Isn’t their a way to have a slider like the ipod and many other devices?  Holding down and waiting for the time to scroll forward/backward is painful when you are looking at files of 4, 6 or even 8 hours.

k

add an option to add complete albums to the playlist with a single click

make playlists work - even without windows

24h time format

fix crashes

folder navigation

This device is close to being my favorite mp3 player I’ve ever used.  Here are my suggestions for improving.

Firmware 1.32 added bookmarking for podcasts.  Unfortunately you have to press pause to create a restore point.  It should automatically create a restore point when you pause or even if you start playing something else. Also, if you go into the folder for a specific podcast, if there is a podcast bookmarked, it should automatically jump to and highlight that podcast (the one most previously bookmarked.)  I personally would like the device to bookmark any album or playlist, not just podcasts and audiobooks.  This could be a feature you could allow to be turned on/off if it is unpopular with others.

Allow mp3 (and wma/ogg/etc) audiobooks to show up in the audiobooks section like the fuze did…not as individual “books” for each track.

The touchpad can differentiate between slow and quick swipes, so there should be a way to jump to a time index in a track by sliding across the touchpad.  (I’m okay with having to go to the music/podcast/audiobooks options page to find this “skip to time index” feature.)  It takes much too long to fast forward and rewind a long track.  Alternatively, allow us to jump to a time index by choosing the time similarly to how you set the time for the device in the settings menu.

Add a “rewind 10 seconds” option for podcasts and audiobooks that can be acheived without much fuss.

With all the problems people are having with the controls, I think a simple “undo” would do wonders.  I have accidentally restarted songs/podcasts.  I want to be able to just “undo” that.  Even if it takes a few button presses to get to the “undo” feature it would make me a much happier Fuze+ user.

I’m having a problem where my ogg podcasts don’t properly restore from a bookmark if the device has been cycled off and back on.  Fix this.

Add a “rebuild entire database” option so that when we drag album art to the device (as a folder.jpg) or edit a tag while the file is still on the device and it isn’t recognized we can force it.

I’m just going to add the obligatory, “Just fix the **bleep** interface”… features mean NOTHING if you can’t frikken’ use them… period…

I would like to have the ability to choose the thumbnail image for a video file—either by taking a snapshot during playback, or (even better) by uploading an image to the Fuze+ myself. The SMC seems to like making thumbnails out of the black intro seconds before my videos, and even when it gets an actual picture it’s usually not a great frame. (And the Fuze+ won’t display any thumbnails for some files, including the .mp4 files that are allegedly its preferred video format.)

And yes, I know the “.thm” files are just .jpg with a different extension… but when I tried uploading several of my own thumbnails as a test, only about half of them worked, while the other half caused the associated videos to disappear from the Videos list. Worst of all though, the very act of doing this somehow corrupted many of the other thumbnails in the Videos folder—thumbnails that I didn’t even touch—causing those videos to disappear, too. (This included all of the sample videos that came pre-installed on my Fuze+, too.)

please fix problems about FLAC files

+)some(almost of mine T_T) FLAC files make FUZE+ became “endlessly restart”. The only solution is format the device and microsd card

+) tagging with flac file:  TIST:artist name, you guys should remove “TIST”

Hello,

I’ve my Fuze+ since two days. I really love its design, the sound is great for music, and, for my part, I’ve no problem with the touch pad, which is for me very pleasant, soft and intuitive.

BUT I bought it essentially to listen to podcasts and free audiobooks, and for that use, Fuze+ is a nightmare!

OK, I can rename and re-tag the files to properly order them, even if it was not necessary with my old and unsophisticated MPman. But the worst is I just cannot listen most of these podcasts and audiobooks, because of constant glitches, it is just impossible to listen a book in that conditions. And I cannot re-encode each of them (I listen around 20 hours audiobooks a week, and my pleasure is to listen to them, not to spend my precious time to fiddle with them just to listen to books!). I have chosen the Fuze+ notably for the easy and quick “drag & drop” files on a micro SD, but if the files are just inaudible, it is not a solution.

I also agree with all the users who ask for an efficient bookmarking system in audiobooks and podcasts.

If these two problems are not solved in the next firmware release (I’ve installed the 01.32.00 version), I guess I have to return my purchase to Amazon, and search for another MP3 reader.

Hem… After searching and testing, I’ve understood that the problem I’ve with the glitches in podcats or free audiobooks is caused by… retagging with ID3 tags (throught GodFather, I’m trying MP3tag, perhaps it’s better) to correctly see author and titles in the podcast menu.

So, I know how to solve that: I just need folder browsing, as existing for the earlier Fuze. I hope it will be soon available.

Not working. In any mode.

Here’s what I want to be able to do witht my fuze +. I want to transfer my files (really in whatever mode I want, msc or mtp), So I have my albums organized in that way. Then, after files are transferred to the fuze, I just want to be able to create a playlist from the files that are already there. Nothing, not even Media Monkey, has been able to do this for me. I’ve even tried writing my own files from scratch, mpu and pla. Not having the ability to do this makes the device a fail for me, and I will get rid of it and move on unless the parsing ability can be corrected. I mean, even my phone can read mpu lists I feed it (don’t say why don’t you just use your phone, I choose to have a dedicated music player)