Driver Installation fails for Sansa e250

Hi,

I have a serious problem with my mp3 players. First I had an e280 model that worked fine for nearly 12 years. However, one day the display stopped working out of the blue, so all I can see is a completely white display now and I can’t seem to get it fixed. Everything else still works, I just can’t pick songs anymore, so I decided to buy a “new” one.

I found a second-hand e250 model that was said to be okay and was glad to be able to still listen to my music on that type of player. However, when I plug the cable into my computer (Windows 7 system) it says the driver could not be installed and it automatically deplugs the device. I tried it with another Windows 7 system, but I still get the same error (though it seems to keep plugging and deplugging constantly.

On the first computer the device manager has a yellow sign and exclamation point where “mobile USB devices” are listed. On the second computer I don’t see that sign, though. In any way, it doesn’t seem to work on any of my two computers.

If anyone has any idea how to solve that or what I can do now, your help is very much appreciated. I’m quite frustrated as nothing seems to work. I was so happy to get another player, I really don’t want to stop using this model. :frowning:

Thanks in advance for any answer!

Your “new” player might be set to the default Auto Detect USB mode or MTP mode. If you don’t use DRM-encrypted files (like Audible audio books, etc.) just switch the USB mode in Settings to MSC mode. Do this with the player unconnected to the computer. After switching, plug it in & see what happpens.

Thanks for your answer! Now where do I find these USB mode settings exactly? I tried to find it, but couldn’t. Maybe you could give me a hint, that would be wonderful. :smiley:

It’s been a long time since I used my old trusty e270, but I believe it’s hidden in Settings > System Settings.