Difference between Clip, Clip+, Clip Zip, Clip Sport and Clip Jam

I have been trying to choose a SanDisk MP3, however I am a bit confused by the options. So far I know that there are the following:

Clip
Clip+
Clip Zip
Clip Sport
Clip Jam

What are the differences between them?

I am looking for an MP3 player that can get FM Radio (in the UK), and can preferably get Rockbox. That is all I really need.

So AFAICT the Clip, Clip+ and Clip Zip all support Rockbox, but what is the difference between that and the Sport and Jam MP3s?

Also, do any of them support bluetooth earphones?

Basically I can’t find a list that compares all of them, just reviews for each individually (and they are a bit confusing since I don’t even know the names of all the different players you make). I just want to know for each one:

• Rockbox Support

• MicroSD Card Support

• Bluetooth Support

• Battery Life

Thank you very much,

Felix

@felixwood wrote:

I have been trying to choose a SanDisk MP3, however I am a bit confused by the options. So far I know that there are the following:

Clip
Clip+
Clip Zip
Clip Sport
Clip Jam

Clip Sport+

What are the differences between them?

I am looking for an MP3 player that can get FM Radio (in the UK), and can preferably get Rockbox. That is all I really need.

So AFAICT the Clip, Clip+ and Clip Zip all support Rockbox, but what is the difference between that and the Sport and Jam MP3s?

The Sport, Sport+ & Jam all have a different (and less powerful) processing unit. The mfg. of the chip (not SanDisk) discontinued it so this change was necessary. As a result, these players are not as feature-rich as the previous models.

Also, do any of them support bluetooth earphones?

Only the newest model, Sport+ has bluetooth support.

Basically I can’t find a list that compares all of them, just reviews for each individually (and they are a bit confusing since I don’t even know the names of all the different players you make). I just want to know for each one:

• Rockbox Support - Clip, Clip+, Zip
  • MicroSD Card Support - Clip+, Zip, Jam, Sport
  • Bluetooth Support - Sport+
  • Battery Life - Varies

- FM Radio - All

Thank you very much,

Felix

Feel free to go to each model’s main page here on the forum and read the release/information posting for a complete description of features. They are all ‘stickied’, meaning they will always be at the top of the page (and shaded in grey) to be easy to find.

Hope this helps . . .

This post was helpful. Do all models support bookmarking – that is, starting again at the point I stopped listening to an audiobook?

Thanks!