DRM LICENSE NOT AVAILABLE

I’m on my 2nd Sansa Fuse+ in a week. It works fine for a day and then I get the message that my DRM LICENSE is not available.

I’ve spoken with SANSA a number of times and although the player does work for a while, the problem persists. Does anyone have  a suggestions or two?

I have the same problem and have tried numerous “solutions” and nothing works. I was on line with customer support for over an hour and they could not fix the problem.

First, do you have any protected media with DRM loaded on the device?

Typically, this will be a WIndows Media Audio file from Windows Media Player or a service like Napster, Audible, Rhapsody, NetLibrary, or Overdrive.

I’ll probe into this one a little later tonight.  Let’s see if something is going on with the UID or secure clock.  Are you using MTP or MSC mode to connect?

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I am having the same problem with mine and I have only had it for a week.  I have tried the different methods recommended by both Sansa and Rhapsody to no avail.  I have also used the different USB modes to try to fix the problem. 

Same problem here.I bought two Fuse+.One of them works,the other has the DRM error message.It worked for about an hour,then message occurred.

Other one seems to work fine.

Changing USB mode did not help a thing.

I think it may be the update that is corrupt.I reformatted and did not update and it’s working now.

I’ll keep you posted.

I did what you did, and so far so good.

@knightpod wrote:

I think it may be the update that is corrupt.I reformatted and did not update and it’s working now.

I’ll keep you posted.

Formatting would not revert the firmware back to a previous version. That would stay the same, so you can’t blame it on the update.

I had been having this issue with my Rhapsody subscription. The only thing that helped temporarily was reformatting the device. I have since moved on to Napster and I havent had any issues as of yet. Rhapsody doesnt have a clue how to fix it and I guess Sansa doesnt either. There is definitely a compatibility issue going on. 

Goofy, isn’t it?  Formatting the device forces the secure clock and UID to be reread from scratch when the next (actually, it would be the first) track is transferred to the formatted Fuze.

I share your pain, Rhapsody support can be a real pickle, especially getting assistance for more advanced issues.  Tier 2 support is where I have found better information.  Murphy’s Law makes the weird stuff fun, doesn’t it?

The Rhapsody integration with the Fuze+ does need a bit of tweaking.  It’s a different platform from the previous generation Sansas, note that we don’t  have a Rhapsody Channels icon in the main menu now.  We have to scroll over from Music to find the Channels.

There are a few details for Rhapsody to solve with Artist Information too.  I miss this info on the new player, it is pretty nice.

Is Napster working well on your Fuze+?

@neutron_bob wrote:

Goofy, isn’t it?  Formatting the device forces the secure clock and UID to be reread from scratch when the next (actually, it would be the first) track is transferred to the formatted Fuze.

I share your pain, Rhapsody support can be a real pickle, especially getting assistance for more advanced issues.  Tier 2 support is where I have found better information.  Murphy’s Law makes the weird stuff fun, doesn’t it?

The Rhapsody integration with the Fuze+ does need a bit of tweaking.  It’s a different platform from the previous generation Sansas, note that we don’t  have a Rhapsody Channels icon in the main menu now.  We have to scroll over from Music to find the Channels.

There are a few details for Rhapsody to solve with Artist Information too.  I miss this info on the new player, it is pretty nice.

Is Napster working well on your Fuze+?

Yeah it definitely needs some tweaking done asap. A lot of people over at the Rhapsody forums are getting ready to give up on Rhapsody and Sansa altogether. 

Napster is working great on the Fuze+. I havent had the DRM License error since switching over. Hope it stays that way lol.

I’m having the same problem.  Got the Fuze+ for Christmas.  I charged it and used the updater to load the latest firmware.  I signed up for the 14 day trial of Rhapsody but have had to format twice so far just to listen to subscription music.  This morning, driving into work, it was working fine.  I got here and turned it off, walked into the building, plugged in power and desk speakers, and now again, “DRM License Not Available”.

I’m going to try a warranty return due to this and other problems it’s having:

• Freezing between songs, requiring the 15sec power button to force it off
  • Freezing between songs where pressing the play button shows the “Play” icon on the screen, but the song never starts playing
  • Resets to a random 10-song playlist instead of the multi-hundred song playlist that I was playing from
  • Stopping playback after a song instead of continuing on and playing the next song in the playlist

If that doesn’t help, then going to switch to Napster, since several posts say that it doesn’t have the DRM License problem.

If that doesn’t work, then goodbye Sansa.  I loved my e260, but have had a horrible experience with the Fuze+ so far.

Unfortunately for your future, I am experiencing the same issue, but with Napster. I will try reformatting as you guys have done, but if that is just a temporary fix, then we need some help!