Crashes while reading microSD card

The Express was working fine, when I turned it off it was playing a song from the microSD card. I had in the Express a 4gb card, but I also have an old 2gb card that I was using and it still has the music files on it. When I turn on the Express it powers up, rebuilding the data base, first from the internal memory, when it goes to read the microSD card, it just turns off, if I turn it on again it does the same thing. I tried the my other 2gb microSD card, and it does the same thing. If I have it charging, I can access the microSD cards with out a problem, also I can sync music to the Express using Windows Media Player. When I disconnect it from the computer, and power it on it just crashes when it rebuilds the data base from the microSD card. If i power it on without the microSD card, it works great. I have tried the hard reset, that did not help the situation, I have reformated the microSD card that also did not help.

@dismember wrote:
The Express was working fine, when I turned it off it was playing a song from the microSD card. I had in the Express a 4gb card, but I also have an old 2gb card that I was using and it still has the music files on it. When I turn on the Express it powers up, rebuilding the data base, first from the internal memory, when it goes to read the microSD card, it just turns off, if I turn it on again it does the same thing. I tried the my other 2gb microSD card, and it does the same thing. If I have it charging, I can access the microSD cards with out a problem, also I can sync music to the Express using Windows Media Player. When I disconnect it from the computer, and power it on it just crashes when it rebuilds the data base from the microSD card. If i power it on without the microSD card, it works great. I have tried the hard reset, that did not help the situation, I have reformated the microSD card that also did not help.

The Express may not be able to read the songs ID3 tags causing the database to crash. In the thread below I wrote how I place songs on the micro SD card. Check it out to see if any of it is applicable to your situation. 

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=2574