Clip Zip NOT recognized by the computer

I cannot find a file that will download Windows Media Center.

I find it very hard to believe that SanDisk does not have a solution for this problem. I would think that when customers get the following message when they try to fix the problem that SanDisk - just ignores the problem:

When trying to update the driver software for the Sansa Clip Zip using Windows 7 device manager
Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
Windows found driver software for your device, but encountered an error while attempting to install it
MTP USB device
the dependency service group failed to start

The only reason I bought the Clip Zip was for WMA files to download from my library.

I cannot express how much I dislike the answer that I should do “research on how protected files and MTP mode works.”

The manufacturer should do for it’s customers!

As far as I am concerned when you make a product you should support it. From what I have seen they don’t.

I believe that a lot of customers who have had this problem and only have one PC have just given up and either bought another MP3 player from SanDisk - or just given up and gone elsewhere. When their Clip Zip really still works.

But SanDisk doesn’t care it is a 50 50 chance that they will get another sale without solving the problem.