Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

@miikerman wrote:

Except that, not losing DRM capability on one’s primary player or the player that one may be using at the time is a legitimate preference.  DRM files and capability still can be an understandable concern–for library borrowings, Audible offerings, etc.

Absolutely, it’s a legitimate consideration, especially since it apparently has been reported that that has happened.

@jk98 wrote:

The player I might consider Rockboxing is my my Clip V2. It is one of my oldest Sandisk players. It doesn’t have a card slot, so it already can’t play my Slotradio cards. My reasons for hesitating about Rockbox is that some mentioned that Rockbox doesn’t have the autoresume feature that the Clip original firmware has. I need the player to remember not just the place in a file, but which file is playing in a series of podcasts. I am also concerned that the display in Rockbox may be hard to read. There is more information on the screen, and each item is smaller than with the original firmware.

With rockbox installed on the original Clip V2, is there a dual-boot, like on the fuze?  If there is, then you may not lose any functions of the OF other than what you are already aware of, although you may want to look into that.  If all goes well with the install, and you find you don’t like rockbox, you can just boot into the OF. 

Sometimes, after charging my fuze and then disconnecting it from the computer, it’s still in the OF so I just use that instead of shutting down and rebooting into rockbox.   When I’m in the OF, it resumes where I left off the last time I used the OF, and the same for rockbox.  In rockbox, after booting up, it doesn’t go directly to where I left off, it goes to a menu where I have to select “resume playback”.  This is for music files.