Re: Can't see mp3 files in Windows 7!

That's a great suggestion. There is compatibility mode for program executables in Windows 7. But I don't see any obvious way to apply that to the Sansa device itself.

SanDisk Guru

Have you tried updating the firmware? The early firmware for the C200 series didn't have a "USB Mode" setting, it was added in an update. If you can set it to MSC easily, you should be able to use it with any OS you can throw at it.

I tried running the firmware updater program but got the error message <server not available> or something like that. However, I think I have solved the problem. I hooked the Sansa c250 to an XP computer, and I was able to see aall the mp3s. Then I moved all the mp3s from the Sansa c250 to a USB flash drive. Then, I plugged both the Sansa c250 AND the flash drive into my WIndows 7 PC, and moved the mp3s back to the Sansa c250 from the flash drive, and VOILA! I can now see the mp3s on the Sansa device from my Windows 7 PC.

Thanks for all the assistance here!

Oh my goodness I totally forgot about the Sansa Media Converter. I had it installed on my last computer and forgot when I set this one up. I happened across the name when I was cleaning up some files. Just search for "Sansa Media Converter" which should take you to SanDisk and follow the installation instructions. It works to set up Windows Media Player to work with your device. It took maybe 10 minutes total and I'm back up and running.

i got an error in trying to install the sansa media converter

i am excellent with windows -- 

i having problems with the music files displaying in the folder when

the sansa mp3 player (several years old) is connected to windows 7 or windows xp

i have tried '3' computers...

i have checked all 'file association type' settings... 'show hidden folders, etc'

no matter what i do, the folders all are 'empty'

but the mp3 player works great

i need to add and copy my music files

so ... help!

i have the same issue as you do

i got the same error....

i tried my old win xp -- but i still do not see my music files in the folder in win xp or win 7

any ideas, please?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I've been using Handbrake for media conversion, and working like a charm . . . .