Can't access micro SD card under Linux

Hi. Everything is fine with my new Clip Zip except for the micro SD functioning. I can access it with Windows (XP and 7) but not with Linux. With Linux I can only get the Zip itself. Does anyone have any idea what I should do? All of my music is on Linux, and the Clip Zip’s support of Linux and ogg files were big selling features for me. I should note that music files on the micro SD card that I loaded through Windows (as a test) are accessible for playing through Linux; I just can’t access the files to either add or delete. I am using MSC access exclusively. Any help greatly appreciated.

If only one of the two disks is mounted in MSC mode its probably something weird with your distro.  Might be worth looking though the USB logs and see if the driver threw up any errors or warnings.

Are you sure Linux didn’t mark the card as read only? I have at times had this with windows, where for no reason at all it would mark a card or a folder as read only.

For what it’s worth, I have the exact same problem with my Clip+. The internal memory is easily mountable, but it’s a total nogo with the microSDHC card from LInux, even though the Clip+ itself and Windows can access the mciroSDHC card directly.

I’m using Linux Mint 13 and the card mounts fine, so maybe it’s a distro issue.

I appreciate your effort to find an answer, but I seriously doubt that.

I can mount my 5th generation iPod, whose mount point is /dev/sde2, so it is clear to me that my system as configured has no problem detecting multiple partitions on removable media.

I found the answer. It only required me to recompile my kernel with the option “CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y” set in my .config. After that, I can see both internal memory and the MicroSDHC card with no problem at all.