Can not delete files from Sansa e260 v1

Thanks for the reply Markster.

I have tried sansa.fmt multiple times as a folder and as a file - both say they are formatting the device and complete just fine, but then when the machine restarts - everything is exactly the same as before.

To answer your other question:  When I connect the device under MTP mode, I am connecting it directly to the computer - no hubs or anything.  It is a laptop and has 4 USB ports (2 on each side) - I have not tried all of the different USB ports.

But I have tried connecting it and running all of these fixes on another laptop running vista (again directly to the USB port) and got the same result…as a last resort I tried connecting it to my old laptop (running XP) and got the same results - including, the connect/disconnect problem when in MTP mode…

I was reading on another forum about downgrading the firmware and I tried that, but it didn’t do anything either - I think you are correct about the defective internal flash drive chip…

I’m going to try returning it to Woot - though their return policy says most likely all I will get is a refund (minus shipping).  They probably don’t have more of these in stock right now…

Matt