C100 - No space for DB Please delete more than 4.0mb

are you able to change the modes on the player? if so, try changing it to a differnet mode and see hwat happens

umm.  a format should fix it, but good luck in trying to get it recoginzed!

When i turn on the player yes i can change the modes,i get to redio,video etc.but when i get to music no osngs and when i turn the player on i always the same message posted earlier.

are you able to format the player while in msc mode?

right-click on it while in my computer and select the format option, make sure your selecting your mp3 as this will delete all the files off the device. It if says failed to format, try doing it thorugh disk management. To get there you can right-click on my computer and select manage from the drop down menu. From here you will see disk management on the left hand side. Then a larger rectangular box with the drive letter that represents your player, you can right click on this and select format.

Or just try a different computer, if its the same everywhere then youll probably have to end up emailing sandisk, stating everything you tried. They will probably ask you to do a couple more things, but if you keep at it, youll end up with an RMA*.

*RMA = Return Merchandice Authorization

I tried to format the player and i get the message “format could not be completed” and that is by doing both ways.I would like to try it on another computer but the other one i have does not have usb 2 so i get an error message.

email sandisk and tell them everything you tried, im sure it would be the same result on another computer. Let us know what they say about it

Had exact same problem.  PC would NOT recognize MP3 player when USB plugged in, but I could not download anything.  Went through SanDisk tech support…EXCELLENT SERVICE…and finally figured I had a defective  player.  Returned it to the store and they supplied me with new one.

NOW, my question is:

How do I get their ‘pre-recorded’ music off?  And then, how do I download (no pixs) music onto the player.  (my first mp3 player!!!)  :))

Thanks

Rosebud wrote:

Had exact same problem.  PC would NOT recognize MP3 player when USB plugged in, but I could not download anything.  Went through SanDisk tech support…EXCELLENT SERVICE…and finally figured I had a defective  player.  Returned it to the store and they supplied me with new one.

NOW, my question is:

How do I get their ‘pre-recorded’ music off?  And then, how do I download (no pixs) music onto the player.  (my first mp3 player!!!)  :))

Thanks

Check out these how to videos they should show you everything you need to know to get started using your player

I sent an email on 09-28 and still no answer, tech support suc*s i guess.Can’t believe this.

I was unable to find your email in our Ebox system. What email address did you write to? And if possible, could you re-send the email as I can not find it in our system, which is why you have not heard a response. There is no reason you should be waiting more then 2 days for a response, and should inquire again should you not hear anything within that alloted time.

Sent another email on September 12 and still no answer…:neutral_face:

Sent you a pm with the info,dates and email address used.

This is getting frustrating.This was a birthday gift and …anyway wath can i say.I will stop here so i don’t say anything i will regret.I didn’t want an ipod for personnal reasons but man i’m starting to regret the choice.

It would be greatly appreciated if i could get some help with this and fix the problem, haven’t been able to use my mp3 since then.

Message Edited by Zoile on 09-14-2007 06:11 PM

A few weeks ago i complained about the tech support at Sandisk.After sending 3 emails for a problem with my player i still had no answers.

Then Mark a Mod here took the problem in his hands and i have to say that he did an incredible job,everything is solved and the results are more than what i was expecting.

I want to say thanks a lot Mark for your help,time,effort but most of all the fact that you cared about what was happening.You are a true professionnal.

I said some bad things about Sandisk tech support but i am man enought to say you prooved me wrong.

Thanks again.

I have the same problem. Please, could you tell me what did you do to fix it up?:smiley:

hate to be a jerk, but read the thread. He ended up contacting support and getting it replaced

I have to say, If you cant find the answers on here, Call sandisk, thats what those guys are there for.   Its easier to fix a toy over the fone that trying to decode the tech talk in an email…lol

No space for DB Please delete more than 4.0mb

Please advice me how ican use my sansa 1 gb mp3 player

I was wondering, i have that same problem and if you’re mp3 is defected is it even possible to fix it yourself?

I have a c140 and had the same problem, but I was able to fix it myself. Trouble is, I wasn’t too sure what I was doing and can’t be certain which of what what I’m about to say is actually what caused it to start working again or not.

Take out the battery and hold the start (menu) button for half a minute or so. Put the battery back in.

Connect in MSC mode. I had a lot of trouble getting this done because I kept turning off the player after setting USB mode to MSC. Set to MSC and then connect it to the computer without turning it off again. Then find the player in My Computer. Delete all the files you find there.Then format the player (can’t remember the exact steps I used there). Then disconnect it from the computer and make sure it’s off. Plug it into the computer. You should see that it’s connected by MTP. Find the device in my computer again. Right click and then choose “Explore”. You can then see what looks like a disk drive called TCNANDO (at least that’s what mine was called). I then right clicked and chose format. When that was finished the player was fine again. I’ve added all my music back to it and it’s working now.

I am having the same issue and I also tried to e-mail tech support with no response. I e-mail about a week ago.

I HAVE WORKED ON MY SANSA C-140 SO LONG I ALMOST FEEL LIKE AN EXPERT…

THE LAST THING I DECIDED TO DO WAS TO GO TO SETTINGS ON THE PLAYER - AND UNDER USB SELECT MSC…(MINE WAS SET TO MTP.  WHEN I DID THAT I JUST DRAGGED SONGS FROM MY HARD DRIVE TO THE DRIVE LETTER DESIGNATED TO YOUR PLAYER.  MINE WAS THE “F” DRIVE.

BEFORE I SOLVED MY PROBLEM, I HAD BEEN REFERRED TO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER…BUT NOTICE UNDER THE SANSA PLAYER THERE IS A FILE “TCNANDO” THAT HAS A CAPACITY SHOWING OF I BELIEVE 973.  YOU SEE THIS FILE WHEN YOU CLICK ON SANSA FROM “MY COMPUTER” OR WHEREVER.  AND YOU ALSO SEE IT AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.  THIS FILE MUST BE AT “0” UNDER THE MTP MODE AND WHEN USING WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER (NO MATTER WHAT MODE YOU ARE IN AND YOU GET THE NO SPACE ERROR), THIS FILES HAS TO BE FORMATTED TO “0”. 

I WON’T CONTINUE TO GO INTO DETAILS BECAUSE IT TENDS TO CREATE CONFUSION.  DO IT THE EASY WAY BY USING SETTINGS FROM THE MENU BUTTON, AND SET IT FROM THE USB SETTING TO MSC. IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO SCAN THRU THE MENUS FROM THE MENU KEY ON THE PLAYER, CHECK THE MANUAL, OR JUST USE YOUR VARIOUS <  > KEYS UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT UNTIL YOU SEE THE MENU CHOICES CHANGING…

I AM A NOVICE PC PERSON WITH A GREAT DEAL OF PATIENCE.  THAT IS WHY I USUALLY MANAGE TO COME UP WITH WORKABLE SOLUTIONS.  GOOD LUCK…

ANN

I have a C150 with the exact same error and no functionality at all.  I have tried upgrading the firmware, formatting and just about everything I’ve seen on these great posts.  Trouble is, my unit won’t even format.   Using the “Computer management” approach (after rightclicking on “My computer”), the format looks like it’s working even up to 100%, but then I get a message: “The format did not complete successfully”. 

Unfortunately, my unit was purchased approx. 14 months ago, and the Future Shup people said there’s nothing they could do…

Shall I kiss my 80$ good-buy?

tg