Buggy firmware - wish list

1. device not responding could be incompatible files – I copy whole folders trusting by drag and drop, trusting the MTP to eliminate any unsupported files, but it doesn’t seem to always do so and some generate this message. So far, it hasn’t caused the memory to corrupt, but it can be annoying.

My short-term advice would be to be very patient with it when it gives these messages. For your memory card, though, I suspect it is still not fully supported.

1. same thing, though when they do get 8 GB working, they really need to do something to speed up the database.

2. I think it should support Unicode character sets, so if the files use that it should work. Someone can let us know if and how to manage this.

3. I think that the reset issue may be a matter of keypresses being kept/locked. Reset is just select plus volume up, so if either “sticks” for a moment (or in a buffer), it could reset. I think that the reset needs to require several seconds. On mine, just touching the two for a moment seems to do it. I just did it again, plugging the thing in to charge it (so easy to press the buttons while grabbing it).

Oh, reset clears the Go List. It is a pain to reenter this. If you had a large list made up, it would be even worse, and this is compounded by not being able to save the Go List.

For suggestions:

Go list should support removing a song if you are playing the go list and press the button. Seems simple enough. Other players work like that, including the Clip.

Being able to save the current Go List as a playlist would be nice feature. Auto-select name would work fine, you can always rename it on the computer.