Bug report with firmware 01.01.21. Device hangs up/freezes after finishing a track.

New player with firmware 01.01.21A installed.

Tested only with FLAC files on intern or SD card memory.

Reproduce:

1. Play a song complety or advance by pressing forward near the end (but let some seconds to be played)

2. The track is finishing.

3. The player freezes like it tried to play again the same track (with repeat off). Menu are style browsable but no tracks can be played again.

4. The player needs to be reset to play any song again.

Notes:

The next track, after the one which trigger the freeze, is playable by selecting it or by pressing the next track button.

Only reproducible with specific tracks.

Those specifics tracks show no error with a “flac -t” and are playable by other players.

Actions done:

Re-applied the firmware 01.01.21A

Format both internal and SD memory.

Reset the player.

Fix:

Downgrade to firmware 01.01.20

I have a same problem~~

I just bought a minty new orange Clip Zip+, transferred ten albums in FLAC and mp3 format and immediately experienced the freeze-reset cycle.  It happens a bit more often with the mp3 files, it seems. 

It sounds as though I have the same issue as everyone here and should downgrade the firmware, though I’m not sure how one does that when the player shipped with later firmware. 

Has anyone here tried Rockbox to see whether booting into it solves the issue?

The anythingbutipod.com Clip forum has a repository of the earlier firmware, if you want to try going back to an earlier fimware version.

@pluvidagheepf wrote:

I just bought a minty new orange Clip Zip+, transferred ten albums in FLAC and mp3 format and immediately experienced the freeze-reset cycle.  It happens a bit more often with the mp3 files, it seems. 

It sounds as though I have the same issue as everyone here and should downgrade the firmware, though I’m not sure how one does that when the player shipped with later firmware. 

Has anyone here tried Rockbox to see whether booting into it solves the issue?

My Zip still works flawlessly in Rockbox after about 2.5 years of ownership.

You can fix this bug by applying the previous firmware as described in original post.

Instructions to apply 01.01.20.

I am running my Zip with this version since my original post and never got any problem with FLAC files.