Backorder Status / ETA?

I just ordered a 16gb Fuze+ last night, paid for 2-day shipping since there was no indication of backorder, but of course, I got the email today that said it was backordered. I absolutely HATE it when companies don’t list an item as backordered anywhere in the product listing or even the checkout process. Not a good way to start the story.

Maybe I should have known better when I read this.

So does anybody know what the backorder status of the 16gb Fuze+ is? If it’s going to be out of stock for very long, I’ll be canceling my order on principle. I paid for fast shipping so I could get it fast. If I had known that wouldn’t be possible, I wouldn’t have wasted the money. I love my original Fuze, I’m hoping for a similar experience with this player.

Good luck…I had the same run-around.  Didn’t see the promo until after I placed my order (even though I signed up for updates when I created my account) but Sandisk wouldn’t apply the promo to my current back-ordered order.  Customer service couldn’t give me an ETA either.

The Sansa products have a lot of great features for the price but I’ve had terrible luck with them.  My clip + died on the first day and never revived…my Fuze died on the second day in the middle of our vacation with our audiobook stuck on it…it never revived.  I was hoping they’ve worked out the bugs with the Fuze+ but I got tired of the run-around and cancelled my order.

I will either wait until they are in stores…I heard on one site they may be available next week or go with another product.

: (

The same thing happened to me. Ordered the 16gb with no indication it was out of stock. Then the dreaded email arrived. How can it be out of stock so soon?!?!?

promo? theres some kinda code to get money off on them or something???

they probably sold out. I did receive mine but I ordered it as soon as it was available. They should be in best buy within a week or so if you just want to wait on that. 

AzureSky…10% off if you register for updates…go to shopsandisk.  i also think it is free shipping if you order before 14-Sep-2010 but who knows when you will get it.

I will reg anyway, but i got a card from bb thats got $86+ on it, so im figuaring to grab a 16gb fuze+ from bestbuy when they get them in stock(for all i know they already have them but arent selling them yet >.< ) thanks for the info :smiley:

Just a thought I ordered the Black 8gb Fuze + if its a matter of having 16gb then get the 8gb and order a 8gb (or 16gb if you want to end up with more gb’s) micro SD card. 

Think logically, Sandisk is a major corporation. They are the ones MAKING the Fuze +. they are not really out of them already. this is something big business do to make the want/demand of there product go up (Apple is famous for it) if you let some go out and then not tell people how many you actually have then you can say they are on back order,thus creating a bigger want for your item. in this case it is the Fuze +. Do you really think that if sandisk  didn’t want to run out of the Fuze + that they would? The Sandisk company has money, labor, equipment and time to make as many as they want. just remember. when in doubt follow the money trail.

DemoBetaTester 

Has anybody who got a “backordered” notice received their Fuze+ yet?

I ordered a 16Gb last Saturday (the 10% discount and free shipping won me over, but what I really need is the 10k song capacity to hold my 9,300) and immediately got a backorder followup, with no indication of when new stock is expected to ship.

@demobetatester wrote:

Think logically, Sandisk is a major corporation. They are the ones MAKING the Fuze +. they are not really out of them already. this is something big business do to make the want/demand of there product go up (Apple is famous for it) if you let some go out and then not tell people how many you actually have then you can say they are on back order,thus creating a bigger want for your item. in this case it is the Fuze +. Do you really think that if sandisk  didn’t want to run out of the Fuze + that they would? The Sandisk company has money, labor, equipment and time to make as many as they want. just remember. when in doubt follow the money trail.

DemoBetaTester 

Yes, Sandisk can create a higher demand for their products by limiting their supply and having items on backorder.   That tactic will only take them so far.  Only those who must have one will wait.  And people know that it’ll be in stores eventually.

For any company, as good as it is to sell to individuals, the larger profit is in selling huge quantities to big box retailers like Best Buy or companies like Radio Shack and Amazon.  Sell large quantities to them and send it off in one shipment and let them sell to individuals.   Let the units sit on their shelves instead of Sandisk’s.  Sandisk would have already made their profit.