sandisk cruzer 16gb I cannot Format has turned into a raw

[ Edited ]

sandisk cruzer 16gb
I cannot Format has turned into a raw.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/205/1111pm.png/

http://im26.gulfup.com/2012-04-24/1335247021242.png

http://im26.gulfup.com/2012-04-24/1335247021553.png

http://im26.gulfup.com/2012-04-24/1335247021884.png

Anyone able to help me if I hope I find the flash firmware. I think it's the only solution and Thanks

SanDisk User

Re: sandisk cruzer 16gb I cannot Format has turned into a raw

Wow. Have you tried setting formatting this to Fat32? 

SanDisk Guru

Kuerten - If you had looked at the pictures the OP linked to, you would have seen he has attempted to.

Nabel_sweed - It appears as though the drive has gone belly-up. Whether or not it has to do with you not "safely ejecting" the drive before pulling it out of the USB port I don't know, but you will probably want to either return the drive to your dealer or contact Sandisk Tech Support about a warranty replacement.

[ Edited ]
Thanks for help.
Unfortunately, I do not have a guarantee of Flash. USB stick may crash after you try to install it by Windows 7 (Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool), but Suddenly stopped loading and became so.

I got mine working (which had the same issue as yours) by removing the Launch3 feature on the sandisk, when program removes itself it reformats the drive so it becomes a storage device only. Any question feel free to ask me.

i having about the same problem with two of my sandisk ultra 32gb microsd class 10. Used on Galaxy Tab 7.7. While transfering data (Videos 3.2 GB total) and 1 GB Mp3, the disk just stopped. can't format it any more. WHy?

SanDisk Guru

Razor123 wrote:

i having about the same problem with two of my sandisk ultra 32gb microsd class 10. Used on Galaxy Tab 7.7. While transfering data (Videos 3.2 GB total) and 1 GB Mp3, the disk just stopped. can't format it any more. WHy?

Smiley

This thread is talking about the SanDisk Cruzer Flash Drive, not MicroSD cards. In fact, this entire board is for the discussion of flash drives. There is a separate board for memory cards.

[ Edited ]

SanDisk Guru

"Do you think removing the Launch feature on the SanDisk would help in the following sitiuation"

Launch?  Launch of what?

"I was forced to eject even though it said programs were using the files (which was NOT the case because all programs and all files were closed)."

You couldn't reboot the machine? That would have ensured your SanDisk wasn't being used by anything before you removed it.  Are you sure none of the machine's antivirus app(s) were not scanning the SanDisk drive?

"I ran the scan option to repair and recover"

Scan option?  What "scan option"?  A SanDisk scan option?  A Windows scan optiopn?  How did you invoke the scan option?

"It said it recovered and saved my data to a recovered file"

No idea what "It" is.  Or what operating system you were using.

Pulling the USB drive out while it was still in use most likely screwed up the drive's File Allocation Table.  If the files are important to you I suggest you take it to a local repair shop and see if they can recover your files for you.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

I don't know if this is the exact place.But SanDisk Cruzer Blade pendrive is not working.Windows says you need to format before you can use it.In my computer, it just wont open and displays same error.

On trying to format, Windows says, it cannot format it.

Quick and full format , both failed.

System:Intel Core i5 HP

Antivirus: AVG (Wont even scan the SanDisk)

Please help!