Repair corrupted pendrive

TO: _ johnwalker10 _

Appreciate your reply. I will keep this (and some of the other) post and hope that I never have to employ any of the “fixes” again!:smileyvery-happy: Unfoutunately, I agreed with a few of the posts and discarded the 2 drives…before I received subsequent information, such as yours. I must say, I found it to be a rather extensive, unfruitful endeavor to determine the exact cause and therefore, the exact “fix” for those 2 drives. I have since come to the conclusion that there was something wrong with the O.S. system(Microcrap7) that rendered both of those drive “corrupt”. It was not unusual, as I found out, those reporting similar issues as I had, were using Win7. My conclusion: stay with Linux and/or immediately CONVERT ANY system employing any of the “Windows” O.S’s issued after XP Pro!!! I had used LINUXMINT/Ubuntu for about 5 yrs. prior and NEVER had any of the “issues” I experienced and found reported when I started reading the 'forums" and manufacurer’s sites pertaining to this particular “bug” and almost entirely…all had been employing a Window’s O.S. at the time of their "failure’s/issues arose. I hope that there are others who will take advantage of your response and thus, be able to keep their drives from being dispatched to the local landfill…as I did!

_ THANX _ and stay sharp:

_ Rick _