Re: repair corrupted pendrive THREAD CLOSED

Well, the drive is history. I tried 4 different pendrive" restoration programs and none could do a thing for it. It's now on it's way to the landfill. I want to THANK everyone who offered help/assisstence. I appreciated it!!

Smiley WinkRick

SanDisk Guru

Re: repair corrupted pendrive

Rixter wrote:

I'm going to ask:

does this site offer any advice/help from their 'techs"? If so, how do I contact them?

This is a user's forum, not a SanDisk tech support forum. There are no "techs" here.

You can contact SanDisk's Tech Support here:

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Tapeworm:

Thanks for the link.  I'll put this away for future reference. The pendrive is history. Tried 4 completely different programs to "repair" it and every one failed .Somehow, it destroyed the MBR and subsequently, couldn't boot nor repair the MBR and wouldn't mount. Seems a **bleep** shame, but that's the second pendrive this machine/O.S. has destroyed in the past 2 months.

Stay Sharp:

Rick

Hi Rixter,

There is a manual procedure is available, maybe it helps you to resolve this problem. For the resolving this issue you need to follow below mention instruction

Open MS DOS Shell and Run this following command

Note: First you need to check your pen drive letter name that your computer system shows you after plugging. Here my computer showing me my pen drives letter name e:

Run this cmd >> chkdsk e:/r

It will check the corruption level of disk formation and repair the issues that is finding out

During the repairing process it show you warning message such as “the drive is not a Windows XP drive” that is no issue you can continue repairing procedure by pressing “Y”.

Once it’s done the repairing task, then it will ask you, do you want to save lost chains into files select yes.

Now all repairing process is done now you can see all data in your pen drive

This is very common procedure for resolving this corrupted pen drive problem. In case, through this command you unable to get back your data that means your pen drive is badly corrupted in this situation, I would suggest you try out a professional data recovery application that helps to recover SanDisk pen drive data without any complications. Read this article for getting brief information about this application:  http://www.pendrive-datarecovery.com/sandisk/

TO:  walkerjonnie

Thank You for your response. I WILL keep this on file. Regrettfully, I've already discarded the pendrives for I had not found anything that would repair them, and your reply came a bit too late. I hope that anyone else who may be experiencing the problems I had, will see this post and be able to save their pendrives.

Stay Sharp:

Rick

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Nice link walkerjohnnie but you forgot to note that the app costs $39 for the Personal version and $99 for the Business version.

http://www.pendrive-datarecovery.com/purchase-pen-drive-recovery-tool.html

It kinda makes your posting seem as SPAM.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

hello Walkerjohnnie, 

thanks for suggestion, I recovered entire data by using this tool.

I have a 64 GB Sandisk pen drive which i use to store all my portable data. One day I plugin it in my friend's laptop and try to open some files. But I found  that all saved folder become shortcut then on verious search I used a pen drive recovery software which recoverd all my data quickly.

link: - http://www.recoverpendrive.net/

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

SPAM!!

Ed
Important files = Backed up files