reorganizing files and folders

When I right-click on a file and select “Move to Folder” there is only choice showing: “USB Flash Drive.” How do I get all my subfolders to show so I can move files into them?

As you create more and more documents, you may need to do some rearranging. For example, say you have several documents all within one folder, and you decide it would make sense to create subfolders to further organize and categorize the files. You can create a new folder and then move files (or folders) to this new folder.

This section covers using the Task pane commands. You can also right-click a folder or file and select the appropriate command (Copy, Rename, Delete, and so on). Furthermore, you can select a folder or file and then use the commands in the Edit menu (Copy To Folder, Move To Folder, and so on).

To move a file or folder, follow these steps:

1. Select the file or folder you want to move.

2. Click the Move command. The name of the command varies depending on what you have selected. For folders, click Move this folder. For a single file, click Move this file. For several files and/or folders, click Move the selected items. You’ll see the Move Items dialog box

3. Display the folder or drive you want. If an item has a plus sign beside it, that item (the drive or folder) contains other folders. You can click the plus sign to expand the list to show subfolders.

4. Click the folder from the list and click Move. The selected items are then deleted from the original location and are moved to the new location. Keep in mind that if you move a folder, you move not just the folder, but its contents as well.

To create a new folder in which to place the selected item(s), select the folder in which you want to place the new folder. Then click Make New Folder, type a folder name, and press Enter.