problems starting SanDisk USB drives, the U3 Launchpad

After cleaning system (Windows Vista) I have problems starting the (two) SanDisk USB drives, the U3 Launchpad does not work, testing on other computers have this problem not !

Pop-up screen:

An error has occurred while  starting the U3 launchpad due to a problem with one of this  components.

Remove and reinsert your U3 smart drie.

If the problem peristis contact the U3 smart drive manufacturer.

Try uninstalling the drivers for the U3 device, rebooting then reinserting the U3 device.  Maybe your cleaning screwed up a device setting. 

've Repeatedly uninstall the U3 system and reinstall device,  tried but without success, fear of a software problem with windows vista on the desktop!?

I’m not suggesting uninstalling U3, this is not a U3 problem. You said the device works in other machines.   Rather uninstalling the Windows drivers installed by Windows to access the drive which were installed the first time you used the SanDisk device in the Vista machine.  You remove them via Windows Device Manager.

@ Ed_P

Sorry I have understood you wrong;
 Now my ScanDisk Cruzer USB device removal in Windows Device Manager was installed by CD / DVD drives;
 Have replaced the USB stick, Scan Disk Cruzer USB Device is automatically placed under CD / DVD drives;
 The problem remained, the U3 is still not working !!    ???

At this point the best advice I can give you is for you to do a System Restore to a point prior to your Registry cleaning. 

I will also advise you not to do any more system changes unless you do a backup first. :wink:

BTW My Cruzers show up under disk drives not CD drives on my XP system.

UP 

After cleaning system (Windows Vista) I have problems starting the (two) ScanDisk USB drives, the U3 Launchpad does not work, testing on other computers have this problem not !

Pop-up screen:

An error has occurred while  starting the U3 launchpad due to a problem with one of this  components.

UP 

After cleaning system (Windows Vista) I have problems starting the (two) ScanDisk USB drives, the U3 Launchpad does not work, testing on other computers have this problem not !

Pop-up screen:

Two suggestions:

1. Create a new Windows user id.  Try using the U3 stick with the new user.

If that doesn’t solve your problem,

1. Do a reinstall of Vista, and when the install is finished and all Windows Updates reapplied insert the U3 stick, and after the U3 Launchpad runs RIGHT click on the U3 icon on the System Tray and do a Safely eject U3 smart drive, when done and the U3 stick removed backup your Windows Registry.  And delete your Registry cleaning app. :smiley:

I found a solution to this problem on a Windows Vista machine that had been infected with a virus and cleaned.

NOTE: I strongly recommend that you backup all of your critical data first before attempting this fix as it involves modifying the windows registry and that can destroy your computer.

FIX:

Open Registry Editor

Drill down HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\INIFilemapping
Look for a value called autorun.inf which has a value of “@SYS: DoesNotExist” or “@SYS:Software\Swearware\dump”

Right Click and delete that value

Safely remove the SanDisk and Reinsert and your problem should be solved.

Thanks! This has fixed my problem.

Please read this posting: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Announcements/Blank-Posts-Please-Read/m-p/231428/highlight/true#M249

Did you Safely Remove the USB drive and reinsert it?

Are you using it on a Windows 7 64bit machine?