my 16 gb san disk pan drive become write protected

my 16 gb pan drive become write protected after when i made it bootable for installation win 7, i cant delete files nor

transfer files. i cant use the format option as well. i had try on other PCs, win 7,win xp, it is write protected and it show only 3.73 gb space and rest of all are unallocated and unsuable.
i been trying regedit,set 0 in write protect, format in safe mode with command prompt,other tools but it doesnt work!
pls help me to get back my full space in pan drive

:smiley: Hi, Mandeepsandhu19,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.    (1)

Friend please, you did all the tests, do not grieve more, return it, because is dead.

Mmm… Although it is possible to boot from the SanDisk pendrive, it is not a feature SanDisk supports.
These pendrives are intended only as storage devices.

Write protection errors occur when a UFD detects a potential fault within itself.
The drive will go into write-protected mode (or read only) to prevent data loss.
There is no method to fix this.

Contact SanDisk Technical Support who will replace the device, _ if it’s authentic _ and is within warranty: Link

To obtain the internal data of the UFD, you can use (portable apps, free   

Take a look at: Link

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                

(Google translated)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to file sharing sites removed.

Forum Admin 

slotmonsta

Although it is possible to boot from the SanDisk pendrive, it is not a feature SanDisk supports.
These pendrives are intended only as storage devices.

Really!!  Can you please provide a link to a SanDisk.com webpage that confirms that statement.

:confounded:  

Gracias ed, por amargarme el día y el mensaje con tu denuncia.

Con respecto a tu insolente pregunta, ya no importa, pero encontré dos liks sobre el tema (uno de Kingston y otro de DrLucky, para que aprendas algo, si puedes), otra pavada, como con las que siempre " me tiras piedras, nunca una flor" , siempre " enroscado", buscándome “el pelo al huevo”.

La envidia, los celos y el resentimiento, de viejo perdedor y amargado, se evidenció en el día de hoy, en el que yo me pasé 6 horas contestando mensajes, mientras que tú sólo unos minutos para maltratarme a mí y hostigarme, y yo sólo, tuve que trabajar toda la tarde del sábado, con 6 mensajes.

Pero, también tengo de tí, una larga lista recopilada (conozco todos los mensajes desde el año 2007), con los mensajes hostiles a los usuarios, con tus malas respuestas y equivocaciones y errores.

De lástima por lo patético que eres, y por respeto a los usuarios y por que no soy como tú, fue que no las contesté.

Porque si alguien, quiere realmente ayudar a un compañero, le manda un mensaje privado, o hace una respuesta lateral, sin ofender o dejar descolocado, ante los usuarios, al posteador.

Porque: tratar mal a los usuarios, de manera agria, insolente y hostil, echándole la culpa a ellos de sus problemas, “cual empleado mal pago de un bodegón”…

¿Qué beneficio da a la comunidad?

Casualmente, de todos los “Gurúes”,  usted es el único que hace esto, es decir, es la °nube negra" de la comunidad.

Links: 1. http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/products?model=DTGE9       (última pregunta, al final de la página).

2. http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/Bootable-CFC/m-p/334101#M3666

Siga participando…

Gracias.

Alfred.

Thank ed, for ruining my day and the post with your complaint.

Regarding your insolent question, does not matter, but found two links on the subject (one of Kingston and other of DrLucky, for learn something, if you can), another nonsense, as they always “me throw stones, never a flower” and always " coiled" , searching “hair in the egg”.

Envy, jealousy, resentment and bitter of old loser, was evidenced in today, where I spent six hours answering messages, while you only few minutes, for bother me and harass me, and I just, I had to work all Saturday afternoon, with 6 posts.

But, also I have for you, a compiled of long list (I know all messages since 2007), with your hostile messages to users, with your bad answers and mistakes, and errors.

Of pity for how pathetic you are, and respect for users, and that I am not like you,was that I did not answer.

Because if someone, really wants to help a fellow, sends a private message, or make a lateral response, no offense or let misplaced, with users, the messenger.

Because: mistreat, users, sour way, insolent, and hostile, blaming them for their problems, “as an employee, underpaid”…

What benefit gives the Community?

Coincidentally, all the “gurus”, you is the only one who does this, ie, is the “black cloud”, of the community.

Links: 1. http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/products?model=DTGE9        (last question, at the end of the page).

2. http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/Bootable-CFC/m-p/334101#M3666

Follow participating…

Thanks.

Alfred.

Gracias ed, por amargarme el día y el mensaje con tu denuncia.

Con respecto a tu insolente pregunta, ya no importa, pero encontré dos liks sobre el tema (uno de Kingston y otro de DrLucky, para que aprendas algo, si puedes), otra pavada, como con las que siempre " me tiras piedras, nunca una flor" , siempre " enroscado", buscándome “el pelo al huevo”.

La envidia, los celos y el resentimiento, de viejo perdedor y amargado, se evidenció en el día de hoy, en el que yo me pasé 6 horas contestando mensajes, mientras que tú sólo unos minutos para maltratarme a mí y hostigarme, y yo sólo, tuve que trabajar toda la tarde del sábado, con 6 mensajes.

Pero, también tengo de tí, una larga lista recopilada (conozco todos los mensajes desde el año 2007), con los mensajes hostiles a los usuarios, con tus malas respuestas y equivocaciones y errores.

De lástima por lo patético que eres, y por respeto a los usuarios y por que no soy como tú, fue que no las contesté.

Porque si alguien, quiere realmente ayudar a un compañero, le manda un mensaje privado, o hace una respuesta lateral, sin ofender o dejar descolocado, ante los usuarios, al posteador.

Porque: tratar mal a los usuarios, de manera agria, insolente y hostil, echándole la culpa a ellos de sus problemas, “cual empleado mal pago de un bodegón”…

¿Qué beneficio da a la comunidad?

Casualmente, de todos los “Gurúes”,  usted es el único que hace esto, es decir, es la °nube negra" de la comunidad.

Links: 1. http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/products?model=DTGE9

(última pregunta, al final de la página).

Siga participando…

Gracias.

Alfred.

Thank ed, for ruining my day and the post with your complaint.

Regarding your insolent question, does not matter, but found two links on the subject (one of Kingston and other of DrLucky, for learn something, if you can), another nonsense, as they always “me throw stones, never a flower” and always " coiled" , searching “hair in the egg”.

Envy, jealousy, resentment and bitter of old loser, was evidenced in today, where I spent six hours answering messages, while you only few minutes, for bother me and harass me, and I just, I had to work all Saturday afternoon, with 6 posts.

But, also I have for you, a compiled of long list (I know all messages since 2007), with your hostile messages to users, with your bad answers and mistakes, and errors.

Of pity for how pathetic you are, and respect for users, and that I am not like you,was that I did not answer.

Because if someone, really wants to help a fellow, sends a private message, or make a lateral response, no offense or let misplaced, with users, the messenger.

Because: mistreat, users, sour way, insolent, and hostile, blaming them for their problems, “as an employee, underpaid”…

What benefit gives the Community?

Coincidentally, all the “gurus”, you is the only one who does this, ie, is the “black cloud”, of the community.

Links: 1. http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/products?model=DTGE9 

(last question, at the end of the page).

Follow participating…

Thanks.

Alfred.

Forum Admin
slotmonsta

Disculpe, Sr. Administrador.

Por favor, no se enoje conmigo:

“Links to file sharing sites removed” , es “mi carpeta personal”, no comercial, free, para mis amigos y para ayudar a la comunidad.

NO ES UN SITIO , es un simple servidor/carpeta, que contiene el fruto de mi trabajo de años, en portabilización de programas, con VMware, winRar, etc.

Como se me borraron, casi todos los programas, porque duran sólo unos meses, ya que es un servidor gratuito sin redundancia, tuve que poner el link directo a la carpeta, porque los enlaces a cada archivo, cambian al resubirlos, etc.

Entonces, dos preguntas:

1.  Puedo poner los archivos, con sus links individuales, ¿o tampoco?

2 . Me puede borrar, por favor el mensaje (y éste), para que no quede tan feo, con la edición?

Si cometí un error, fue sólo por querer facilitar, el acceso a aplicaciones, a usuarios inexpertos, para que no caigan en las trampas de lnternet.

Saludos, Alfred.

Forum Admin
slotmonsta

Excuse me, Mr. Administrator.

Please do not be angry with me:

“Links to file sharing sites was removed”, is “my personal folder”, not commercial and free, for my friends and to help the community.

NOT IS A SITE, is a simple server / folder, which contains the fruit of my work for years, in portabilización programs with VMware, winRar, etc.

As they were me erased, almost all programs, that last only a few months, because it is a free server without redundancy, I had to put the direct link to the folder, because the links to each file, change to resubirlos, etc.

Then, two questions:

1.  I can put the files with their individual links, or not?

2.  You can delete, please message (and this), for that not is so ugly, with editing?

If I made a mistake, it was only for wanting facilitate access to applications, to users inexperienced , lest they fall into the traps of lnternet.

Regards, Alfred.                         (Google translated)

*****************************************************************************
                                               *                                                                                                                             *
                                               *   1° cumpleaños: 27-11-2014, 432 post, 17 solucionados, 6 kudos    *
                                               *                                                                                                                             *
                                               *****************************************************************************

My first Kudo, went to the 20 messages in this, the first Forum in which I participated (and without being Anglophone).

Thanks, SanDisk.

Links: 1. http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/products?model=DTGE9 

(last question, at the end of the page).

Kingston.com is not an official SanDisk site and a “Compact flash card” is not a pen drive. And your tiny font is hard for people to read.

I know you’re trying to help people who post but giving incorrect information doesn’t help them.  Flash drives have been being made bootable for at least a decade and no manufacturer, including SanDisk, has told users they can only used as storage devices.

Get a good nights sleep and you will feel better in the morning. :smiley:

BTW A good source for free portable apps that I have used on occasion is http://portableapps.com/apps  And they guarantee them to be virus/malware free.

hth

@cacho wrote:

Thank ed, for ruining my day and the post with your complaint . . .

Regarding your insolent question . . .

_ Whoa! _ :dizzy_face:

I think you are severely over-reacting to Ed_P’s simple questions/request:

@ed_p wrote:

Really!!  Can you please provide a link to a SanDisk.com webpage that confirms that statement.

To launch a personal attack and tirade like this because you were asked for official confirmation of what you claimed is hardly reasonable. There’s no need for this. Simply put, Ed did not attack you; you have no reason to attack him. You both contribute a great deal to this forum; let’s keep the petty attacks out of it, shall we?

Thanks Tapeworm.  I’m sure she will settle down in a couple of days and be back to help.

dear sir is it possible to fix errors and get back the 16 gb space on my pan drive

is it possible to fix errors

No.

The only option is to return the drive for a replacement.  If new, return it to where you bought it.  If less than new return it to Sandisk for a free replacement.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process