how do I read an extreme111 4gb

I have been sent a sandisk extreme 111 and do not have anything to read it with. What do I need to do/have to see what is on the card. I have lost contact with the person who sent it so I cannot ask them.

What operating system are you using and what do you see when you open the drive with Windows Explorer? 

I don’t have anything to put the disc into to read it

I don’t have anything to put the disc into to read it

Now that is indeed a problem.  Many printers now days support reading these cards, which are primarily used in cameras.  But you can buy an inexpensive USB device that will provide you with ports to read it.  Something like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CKug_bTtxL4CFYGhOgodElEABw&Item=N82E16820283016

You can also look locally for something similar.  Walmart, Target, Office Depot, etc.

:smiley:   Hi, Elyag

Dear User

The " Card Reader/Writer" , must be of excellent quality, because if not, it damages the card.
Today, he best available in the market, (the most awarded the world), you can find them here:

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/readers/

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/readers/imagemate-all-in-one-usb-30

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.

you can find them here:

You can read about them there but you can’t purchase them there.  And I suspect the OP’s pc doesn’t have USB 3.0 ports. :wink:

:smiley:   Hi,

Well, is wonderful!!!

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/readers/imagemate-all-in-one-usb-30

Transfer photos and video faster with the new ImageMate® All-in-One USB 3.0 CardReader/Writer of SanDisk.

Based on USB 3.0 interface transfer performance of up to 500MB/s*, this card reader/writer reduces transfer time when downloading data from card to computer.

Outfitted with four card slots, this compact solution supports all major card formats and is backwards _ compatible with USB 2.0 enabled devices _ .

Its sleek vertical design and small footprint make this a great choice for stylish and fast photo and video transfer. $55.99

Features

• Fast transfer of photos and video up to 500MB/s* interface transfer speed
  • Work in style with a sleek, inconspicuous, small-footprint device
  • Supports all popular card formats
  • Supports UDMA 7 enabled CompactFlash® cards
  • Supports SDHC™ and SDXC™ UHS-I performance
  • Fully backward compatible with USB 2.0 host device       <======
  • Detachable metal stand included

The SanDisk ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 Reader/Writer accepts the following memory cards without the need for an adapter:

- CompactFlash (UDMA, UDMA 6, UDMA 7)
- microSD
- microSDHC
- SD
- SDHC (UHS-I, UHS-1)
- SDXC
- miniSD
- miniSDHC
- Memory Stick
- Memory Stick PRO
- Memory Stick Duo
- Memory Stick PRO Duo
- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo

And attention con los “Card reader”, because most: (98 %) are FALSE , and bad copies of SanDisk, Kingston and Encore.

How to differentiate the genuine the false: opening it, yes, that’s.

For example, the SanDisk microSD reader , (that small and beautiful, coral red and black, like the “Blade”), is prepared, so that you can open with fingernails, with a press simple (and patience).

Inside, you’ll see two “tiny squares blacks”, who have a lot of gold contacts.

These are the famous “Chips”, the cutting edge technology of the XXI Century.

Well, as you suspect, in the false when opened, will see that there is no Chip!

Just a drop of epoxy resin, that coats a passive circuit (resistors, capacitors, etc.).

And is cheating at first, until it no longer works and burns your SD card.

Then… you complain about the Card, in the Forum (ha, ha, ha).

But, if we have the original of excellent quality, it is wonderful!, because with the set (microSD + reader), this is the invention of the Pendrive, we have an “micro Pendrive the variable memory”.

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                     (Google translated)

Ps: Coincidentally, this site, [wwwneweggcom]: the 99.99% of the “Card Reader”, are precisely false.

For example: they also have the Sandisk (coral red & black), false and without Chip, at $ 2.51 (five times less…).

:smiley:   Hi,

Well, is wonderful!!!

Transfer photos and video faster with the new ImageMate® All-in-One USB 3.0 CardReader/Writer of SanDisk.

Based on USB 3.0 interface transfer performance of up to 500MB/s*, this card reader/writer reduces transfer time when downloading data from card to computer.

Outfitted with four card slots, this compact solution supports all major card formats and is backwards _ compatible with USB 2.0 enabled devices _ .

Its sleek vertical design and small footprint make this a great choice for stylish and fast photo and video transfer. $55.99

Features

• Fast transfer of photos and video up to 500MB/s* interface transfer speed
  • Work in style with a sleek, inconspicuous, small-footprint device
  • Supports all popular card formats
  • Supports UDMA 7 enabled CompactFlash® cards
  • Supports SDHC™ and SDXC™ UHS-I performance
  • Fully backward compatible with USB 2.0 host device       <======
  • Detachable metal stand included

The SanDisk ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 Reader/Writer accepts the following memory cards without the need for an adapter:

- CompactFlash (UDMA, UDMA 6, UDMA 7)
- microSD
- microSDHC
- SD
- SDHC (UHS-I, UHS-1)
- SDXC
- miniSD
- miniSDHC
- Memory Stick
- Memory Stick PRO
- Memory Stick Duo
- Memory Stick PRO Duo
- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo

And attention con los “Card reader”, because most: (98 %) are FALSE , and bad copies of SanDisk, Kingston and Encore.

How to differentiate the genuine the false: opening it, yes, that’s.

For example, the SanDisk microSD reader , (that small and beautiful, coral red and black, like the “Blade”), is prepared, so that you can open with fingernails, with a press simple (and patience).

Inside, you’ll see two “tiny squares blacks”, who have a lot of gold contacts.

These are the famous “Chips”, the cutting edge technology of the XXI Century.

Well, as you suspect, in the false when opened, will see that there is no Chip!

Just a drop of epoxy resin, that coats a passive circuit (resistors, capacitors, etc.).

And is cheating at first, until it no longer works and burns your SD card.

Then… you complain about the Card, in the Forum (ha, ha, ha).

But, if we have the original of excellent quality, it is wonderful!, because with the set (microSD + reader), this is the invention of the Pendrive, we have an “micro Pendrive the variable memory”.

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                     (Google translated)

Ps: Coincidentally this site, the recommended by you: [wwwneweggcom]: the 99.99% of the “Card Reader”, are precisely false.

For example: they also have the Sandisk (coral red & black), false and without Chip, at $ 2.51 (five times less…).

Ps: Coincidentally this site, the recommended by you: [wwwneweggcom]: the 99.99% of the “Card Reader”, are precisely false.

Maybe where you live but not in this country (USA).  And the OP doesn’t have a problem with the memory card he just needed a device to read it.