cruzer switch not working on wndows7

hi,

i purchased a cruzer switch 16gb online and few days ago i stored some data on it of about 8gb. But now when i am using it in windows 7 its not working. i read many issues related to this on various online forums including sandisk forum and nothing resolved my problem.
One of your post stated to uninstall driver and reinstall it, i did the same but i think it get more worse.

befor uninstalling it was showing under usb controller as “cruzer switch” and now its showing under other devices.

i dont know deeply about this drivers, hardwares, softwares stuffs so please guide me.

If it is any failure on part of the device then, is it the quality sandisk providing to the customers.

kindly help me correcting my device and recover my data asap.

Thanks!

:smiley:

Did you buy it online from SanDisk?  If not have you spoken with the seller about the problem?  Is the drive new or used?  Did you store data on it using Windows 7 or some other OS?

One of your post stated to uninstall driver and reinstall it, i did the same but i think it get more worse.

befor uninstalling it was showing under usb controller as “cruzer switch” and now its showing under other devices

That’s why I’m not a big fan of replacing drivers.

Drive is new, i bought it from tradus.com. i transfered data from other pc.

If it works on other pcs it doesn’t sound like a problem with the flash drive.  I would suspect your machine’s security apps are preventing access ot the drive.  Or maybe you use other USB devices in the same port?  Windows is notorious for assigning the same drive letter to different devices.

I don’t know what to tell you about the driver problem.  If you have the Windows 7 System Restore function enabled restore the system to a point prior to your changing the driver.