cant get files out of a secure access vault.

Got a 16 gb switch drive with secure access, and apparently stored files successfully in the vault. Some of them show in a window that looks like a table of content.  When I right click on a file I want to recover, and then click on open, or recover, or copy, or try to drag it to an open page, a busy little circle looks like something is happening, but I cannot then find the file anywhere but the table of contents list. The files were written in Word Perfect.  What am I doing wrong?

SanDisk User

Re: cant get files out of a secure access vault.

[ Edited ]

Re: can't get files out of a secure access vault.

Thanks I will try that, but I thought I had the vault open when I tried the recovery. 

--Rav

Re: can't get files out of a secure access vault.

Autorun didn't open my vault, but the secure access program did.  I learned to drag a file from the table of contents to an unencrypted space on the flash drive's page, but could not find a program that would read it.  Apparently I need some way to unencrypted it after moving it.  I was not successful in moving it off the flash drive.

Still puzzled. 

I had a similar problem and couldn't get to the bottom of it. I emailed customer service and they asked me for screenshots and info which I was hesitant to supply as it is work data on the stick.

Randomly I just tried something today and it worked so I had to tell the internet!

Log into your vault as normal and click once to select the folders you wish to download/decrypt. Then click the File drop down menu and select "Save File(s) to"

That's how you decrypt them! Finally!

Tbanks for the tip,  I'll give it a try next time I try to use it.  In frustration I simply stopped trying and used another drive. 

c8

how to get photos out of sandiskcruzor guide 8gb

SanDisk Professor

Smiley Happy   Hi c8,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Friend, see if this helps you: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Cruzer-Force-USB-Flash-drive/m-p/331213#M9...

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

Did you get it sorted?

THANK YOU, martin87!! I can't believe how easy this was after all the frustration I went through trying to figure it out!! Kudos!