Unable to copy files 4GB+ to a 64GB Cruzer Glide with Secure Access V3.0 - formatted to NTFS

Tried reformatting the 32GB drive to exFAT, and then reinstalling the Secure Access V3.0 software. Then tried copying the folder again, and it still ignored the .System file/folder. 

While pondering the latest failure, I noticed the .System folder in the nuvi device backup on my laptop looked like it wasn’t fully visible, like it was semi-transparent. I found this odd, since I had unchecked both the “hide hidden files” and “hide protected operating system files and folders” in the view options list under folder options. It was the equivalent of “grayed out”.

On spec, I tried right clicking the .System folder, and selected the Properties option. I unchecked the “hidden” attribute, and applied it to all folders, subfolders, and files, clicked Apply, and OK’ed out of it.

The .System folder then appeared to be fully exposed/no longer hidden. Not transparent any more. 

Tried the right click, copy folder, to the 32GB USB drive vault, and the copy copied everything. The .System folder included.

Now, I’m not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue, or a shortcoming of the unhide special files view options, or a shortcoming of the right click, copy/paste, method of copying large groups of files, in folders, from one type of storage device to another.

I have managed to achieve the desired result.

I don’t believe this is/was a Sandisk issue, after all.

Thanks Ed, for your input.  

Hope this helps anyone else who might run into this issue. 

C. 

1 Like