Ultra Fit USB 3.0: Excessive Heat

Hi There,

Just to let you know, I have found that this disk overheats, and found many threads about it like this one, that’s why I registered

My Cheap no-name USB 3.0 sustained 20MB/s with my test copying a movie file and a folder full of photos.

The SanDisk UltraFit starts at 90MB/s then all of a sudden drops to about 20MB/s for the rest of the transfer. I note if I pause the transfer for 10 seconds and then resume the speed ramps back up to 90MB/s and again drops off. I did this test many times, even trying different ports.

Really disappointed that my cheap USB stick is better overall than SanDisk. I was expecting that SanDisk was high quality but I am concerned that frequent use may end up doing some damage due to the heat problem. So after paying about 5 times the price of my cheapo USB I now have a dud product. Why should I have to wait for the SanDisk to cool down, I bought it for high speeds so I can get things done faster.

I’m sure many of you have seen this on their website:

So Small You Hardly Know It’s There. So Fast You Barely Have to Wait.

This ultra-small, low profile drive stays put for extra storage, or moves media super-fast between devices. Enjoy performance speeds up to ten times faster than USB 2.0 drives, transfer a full-length movie in less than 40 seconds.

ripped off