USB drive formatted by MBP, how to recover the files

I connected the USB drive to my Macbook Pro and all of sudden the drive was formatted as the system says there are virus on the disk. Now, all files were gone and I need them back. Possible to recover the files under this circumstances?
SanDisk Guru

Re: USB drive formatted by MBP, how to recover the files

as long as the drive was not low level formatted data may be recoverable. you will need a data recovery application. there are plenty of free ones online you can try. I have used recuva before with some good success. 

SanDisk Guru

Several more FREE recovery apps are mentioned here:  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Download-new-version-lost-access-to-all-da...

Good luck.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Ed_P wrote:

Several more FREE recovery apps are mentioned here:  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Download-new-version-lost-access-to-all-da...

Good luck.

Thanks. do you know which one is the best?

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

The best is the one that works for you.  Since they are free try all of them.  Let us know which one you like best.

Don't forget to try recuva.  It's free also I think.

Ed

Files loss will cause big trouble if the files was covered by other new files , you need to recover them back before these files are covered , as for how to recover lost files ,you can find some solution on Google , or try some free tool to recover lost files ,

Try some data recovery software, like Recuva mentioned above. If it fails to recover your files, I would personally recommend RePicvid. Good luck for you.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

The free version seems pretty limited amyheimbach.  Do you recommend the $35 version or the $89 version?

Compare and Purchase RePicvid

Ed

t depends on your requirement. The only difference between $35 and $89 version is the license number for PC.