USB Flash Drive showing up as LOCAL DISK

I’m glad that Sandisk is no longer manufacturing these flash drives.

However, I was one of the unlucky few that purchased one of these sandisk flash drives which came with the removable bit set to 0.

This causes my flash drive to appear as a local disk drive (essentially an external hard drive to the OS) and as a result this flash drive doesn’t work with some software specifically written to work with flash drives (like Microsoft’s own Windows 7 USB Download tool).

My question is

Is Sandisk now manufacturing the Sandisk Extreme flash drive (which I purchased in the link above) as a normal removable flash drive which has the removable bit set to 1?

Can those who bought one of these flash drives exchange their flash drive for an identical one which has the removable bit set to 1?

OR

Will SanDisk release a firmware update which sets the removable bit to 1 so my flash drive can function as a normal flash drive?

I would much rather prefer to update the firmware on my flash drive to make it a normal flash drive if possible.

However if none of this is possible then I guess I will have to return my flash drive to amazon. I would still like to purchase this flash drive assuming Sandisk fixes this problem.

Thanks.