Ultra fit 32gig usb doesnt play in car

i was waiting for them to blame the car etc , so why is it i have about 4 or 5 different sticks most being sandisk and they all work , as i said amazon has others on it with same problem , sort it out sandisk , ford is a popular make so its not to hard to take one out to the staff car park and try . Every time i see these on hotukdeals or amazon etc im gonna post avoid if for car use

You should do that for all car ads also. :wink:

I’m wondering if this has to do with USB 3.0 specs.  I have read that they are not as nailed down as the USB 2.0 specs.  Thus a USB 3.0 device and a USB 3.0 port could be a bit out of sync in some cases and thus not work together.

I have exactly the same problem and it doesnt just skip through music on my car radio, it skips through music no matter what I plug the stick into - laptop, xbox, macbook, desktop, bluray player.  It skips through music. So by that reckoning its not my devices its a problem with the Pen drive.  I got this primarily to play music in my car.  It cant do that.  I’d like to know why

Many thanks. 

Based on those efforts dezzie I agree it’s something wrong with the USB drive.  A dirty/oxidized contact, a bent contact, which may or may not be fixable.  If fixable great, if not return the drive, either to where you bought it or to SanDisk would be my suggestion.

I’m afraid you are mistaken.  It is Sandisk’s fault.  If there drive doesn’t play in multiple vendors head units, then it’s their problem.  If the 2,0 version works fine, it’s their problem.  Because it is “suppoedly” backwards compatible.  Don’t blame the user.  Blame the source.

@ed_p wrote:

Based on those efforts dezzie I agree it’s something wrong with the USB drive.  A dirty/oxidized contact, a bent contact, which may or may not be fixable.  If fixable great, if not return the drive, either to where you bought it or to SanDisk would be my suggestion.

I ordered two from Amazon, and they both performaed the same.  Skipping thruout. Evewn if it is USB 3.0, it is supposed to be backwards compatible. I have a Lexar 64gb USB 3.0 that works fine.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem with Ultra Fit in Car Stereo?

Has anyone tried the Sandisk Cruzer Fit 2.0?

This is a really frustrating issue.

What does your Car Stereo manual say is the requirements for a USB drive? 

Ed P, I’m not even sure how you still have a job with anyone, let alone SanDisk. You are a horrible representative of the company.

I was brought to this thread because I’m having the same problem and the most you have to say is that it’s operater error. It’s ridiculous!

These are not random cases, it is across the board. I would like to think that you are acting independently and that SanDisk isn’t instructing you to deny, deny, deny. But then again, I guess it wouldn’t be surprising.

Is there a solution yet?

For what it’s worth, I think Sandisk is continuously finding a solution to this.

I have some what same problem playing songs in car usb stereo, but in my case the usb works ok for the very first time but if I change audio input option ( source button) to play radio or cd and then again want to play songs through usb drive it just hangs. The red led light is very bright when playing for the very first time but if I switch to radio or CD then again plays USB the led is very dim and it doesn’t play or hangs. IMO its something to do with power managment programe on ULTRA FIT USB which makes this hanging problem.

Officially not work on old car audio, only in modern versions. I recommended proceed to execute the official warranty and use version 2.0 for car audio.

same problem here.  2015 Pioneer head unit, USB skips like crazy.   trancend works fine, except that its huge and my usb port is on the front.  wish i could return this thing but i bought it a while back and just tried it out

Same Problem… Really frustrating… I have Pioneer 2015 headunit… all USB 2.0 work fine. I have tried multiple Sandisk USB 3 drives with multiple formatiing options… Never worked… 

Sandisk need to do better job in managing the backword compatibility. Although I must say the drives work fine on all other devices like my SOny TV, Home Theatre etc…

The issue to my mind is USB 3.0 copatibility.

P

Have you checked with the car manufacturer to see if they have an update to their USB 3.0 port?  How about the car’s audio device’s manufacturer for an update?

The USB 3.0 specs weren’t as tight as the USB 2.0 specs when they initially came out.  Different manufacturers could implement support differently.

After years of avoiding SanDisk like the plague at work and vowing never to return after a spait of rubbish flash drives in various mediums that saw massive amounts of data loss all too frequently, is too saw these Ultra Fit drives and thought, what the hell, they’re small and I just want something simple for music in the car, so I bought 3 of them, all IDENTICAL.

Two of them are fine in both factory and aftermarket headunits across a range of manufacturers (3 different generations and models of Volkswagen, a Land Rover, and a Pioneer head unit) but one of them outright refuses to work properly in any of the vehicles. It, like everyone elses, skips all over the shop, changes tracks randomly and its utterly unusable for this purpose.

Stop carrying on and telling us it is an issue with the vehicles or the headunits, and acknowledge the fact that SanDisk still produces rubbish, if 2 of the 3 identical drives work, and 1 doesn’t, then this is clearly an issue with SANDISK!

Clearly SanDisk products aren’t fit for any purpose, certainly not professional use - not even something as simple as storing music in a car. I’ll go back to avoiding SanDisk like the plague from now on, never to return.

Keep those Ultra Fit 3.0 away from your expensive equipment. I fried two computers by using an Ultra Fit 3.0 on each of them for a week. Never in ten years something like that had happened to me (scientific equipment). I had bought half a dozen for a Wii U, a phone, a Raspberry Pi. Last night I played “Let’s smash crappy products with a hammer” with my daughters. I would not want anybody picking them from the trash and fry their wares with them.

when you say that you fried 2 computers… is the USB drive dead or is the computer actually damaged? I have a few of these drives and they do get a little hot but I keep them plugged in all the time and it has never done anything to my computer. Also this thread has nothing to do with your post so start a new thread. Hijacking someone else thread is not helpful to anyone. 

The USB subsystem of two computers is dead. The flash drives were always connected, serving as main storage so there are constant writes. The heat issue may be nominal if this is mom’s photo backup, but my case is different. This scenario lasted a week. I change flash drives every two years, before they fail. No flash drive has failed in ten years before I schedule a change.

if you are using constant writes this is not the drive you should be using. This drive is not a write intensive product. it is not even a professional level product. You probably simply wore the drive out.