Trying to install secure access for Cruzer Blade flash drive on Mac

Hi,  I need some help please

I have an iMac (power pc - circa October 2006).  I am running OS X 10.5.8 (the latest software for my iMac)

I have just purchased a Cruzer Blade USB flash drive and have tried to download the secure access software that is needed to use the flash drive.  I followed the instructions for downloading the software, but the icon that appears in my downloads folder, has a circle with a slash across it over the vault picture.

Whenever I click to run the application from finder, or from the disk icon on my desktop,  I keep getting the message "You can’t open the application “RunSanDiskSecureAcces_Mac.app " because it is not supported on this architecture”

I understand from the packaging and the website that Mac OS 10 + is supported for the flash drive, so can anyone tell me why I can’t get it to work on my iMac.

This is the very first time I have tried to use a flash drive - I want to put some of my documents and photos on it so that I can clear up some space on my iMac by deleting them once they have been saved to the flash drive.

Help Please.

Thank you.

Try to search for a Secure Access Software that is compatible for MAC. I think the one that you downloaded is for a Windows system. 

RunSanDiskSecureAcces_Mac.app

Really??  iMac’s executables end in .app?  Apparently so!!  When I download the Mac zip file the executable inside is indeed an .app file.

The file in your download folder should be a .zip file.  Inside it should be the .app file which you need to copy to the USB stick before trying to execute it.  At least that’s how the Windows version setup works.

@kuerten wrote:

Try to search for a Secure Access Software that is compatible for MAC. I think the one that you downloaded is for a Windows system. 

I think not. Re-read the original post.

Feeling your pain jazimews. I keep getting…cannot run in dos, and/or ERROR Please run sandisk from a sSanDisk external device. OK, So…UUUUGHH, I attempted the download, then read “do not use the down load”   Any one have a MAC answer for either f us??? Not Microsoft, in case you don’t know…they are different operating systems. TY

Good grief.  Download the Mac version from here:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/related/1/kw/secureaccess/r_id/101834

Extract the contents of the Mac download to the SanDisk USB drive.  Execute it on the USB drive like a normal Mac app.