SecureAccess in Windows 7?

I suspect somehow/someway your new USB sticks are not being seen as removable devices.  Are they formated as FAT32?

hmm, is all a bit strange. They do indeed come up in my computer as a removable device and it is indeed formatt as FAT32.

Any more ideas?

Can you provide a link to where you saw / bought these drives?  It should help shed more light onto what we are discussing.

Hi

Its a Sandisk Cruzer Switch USB Flash Drive, 32GB.

It says on the front of the packet that I can password-protect my private files with SanDisk Secure Access software!

Thanks

Then the SecureAccess files should be on the drives.  If they are not something is wrong.  I would return the drives and complain.

I’ve just bought SanDisk 64GB Extreme USB 3.0 stick and faced the same problem. When I tried to run the “RunSanDiskSecureAccess-Win.exe” by double clicking on it FROM THE USB STICK ITSELF, i got a message telling me that it must be run from an external drive. As I discovered my computer doesn’t see USB 3.0 stick as a removable device. It see SanDisk Flash Drive as a Hard Drive. It surprised me a lot. Reformatting Flash Drive from FAT32 file system to NTFS and finally to exFAT didn’t help. To solve the problem just unplug your Flash Drive from the USB 3.0 jack on your PC and plug it into the USB 2.0 jack. Moreover, SecureAccess (“My Vaults”) wouldn’t work on USB 3.0 jack. You’ll have to to use USB 2.0 jack only when you want to open files from “My Vaults”. I guess this is a feature of USB 3.0 and SanDisk ought to resolve this inconvenience.

hahahah  You needed to reformat the hard drive not the USB drive.  Guaranteed to resolve the USB 3 problem.  :smileyvery-happy:  Reformating USB drives RARELY solves problems.

You should check your machine’s BIOS settings.  I suspect the BIOS doesn’t support the USB 3.x board you added to it properly…

Hahahah prof,

look at your first question in this post.

Reformat what? My hard drive? It was formatted by win7 during installation.

I assembled my pc 6 months ago. It’s brand new and up-to-date.

I can say it again for those who don’t understand. SecureAccess (“My Vaults”) don’t work on USB 3.0 Flash Drives plugged into USB 3.0 jacks.

Well, formatting Flash Drive was not solution to the problem. I benchmarked my USB flash drive at http://usbflashspeed.com/  after each formatting to check how file systems influence flash drive speed.

It was my mistake to mention flash drive formatting. But I didn’t ask for your helpful advice. How many helpful advices have you made in this post by the way? Well, except flooding? I offered my problem solution to the topic starter. It works on my pc, my laptop, my company’s pc’s and laptops. Please offer your solution. Please offer your solution based on your experience, not on what you just think, prof.

But I didn’t ask for your helpful advice.”

True, based on your experience you were guessing that SanDisk needs to change their USB drive to work on your home made machine’s USB 3.0 ports.

I guess this is a feature of USB 3.0 and SanDisk ought to resolve this inconvenience.”

Are you not familiar with what a BIOS is or just don’t know how to access it?  Because I think your home made machine isn’t configured properly to support the USB ports you added to it.  Have you checked for a BIOS update?  Have you checked the USB board’s website for Win 7 driver updates?

Based on the number of people reporting this problem it doesn’t appear to be very common…

Hi prof,

Especially for you, and just for you =)

Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

Updated BIOS 30 min ago to Version  3402 (the latest 2012.05.29 update)

Updated USB3.0 Driver 25 min ago to Asmedia USB3.0 Controller Driver V1.14.1.0 for Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) (the latest 2011.10.13 update)

All up-to-date Win 7 updates are installed automatically.

Still have the same problem.

BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE  I can say it once more (and more… and more…) for those who don’t understand. SecureAccess /“My Vaults” DON’T WORK ON USB 3.0 FLASH DRIVES PLUGGED INTO USB 3.0 JACKS.

BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE  I can say that SanDisk needs to change their SecureAccess utility (which is NOT a USB drive/driver) to make it working on anybody’s homemade machine’s USB 3.0 ports.

“Based on the number of people reporting this problem it doesn’t appear to be very common…”

Well, based on the number of people reporting this problem it appears that SecureAccess utility requires debugging.

Now, based on YOUR EXPERIENCE can you offer YOUR solution, please.

Don’t make any guessing about my home made machine configuration, etc.

Tell us what YOU have DONE and RESULTS YOU GOT.

Return and complain is not a solution to me =)

:smiley:

I keep working on the problem.

The reason SecureAccess doesn’t work on USB 3.0 Flash Drive plugged into USB 3.0 jack could be lack of native USB 3.0 support. In my case it means that Intel Z68 Express chipset has no native USB 3.0 support while motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V PRO is equipped with two USB 3.0 controllers ASMedia ASM1042.

Intel 7 series Express chipsets have integrated USB 3.0. **bleep** it.

Or is it the ASMedia driver fault?

Two different SanDisk Technical Support girls replied to my requests :dizzy_face:

They are very concerned  :wink:

Hi,

Maybe someone is interested in the latest SanDisk reply.

The second girl wrote:

Thank you for applying to SanDisk support. Our goal is to make sure that you have all the resources you need to maximize your product.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I did a little research associated with flash 3.0. The problem that you have encountered is well known. USB 3.0 ports have been developed before the advent of flash drives 3.0, so you can face the similar problem sometimes. Our engineers are aware of this problem and are working on a solution.

I apologize for any inconvenience, and I promise to let you know as soon as we have news on how this problem can be fixed.

unquote

Girls’ names are: Liva and  Veronika :smiley:

I’m going to keep the SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64 GB flash drive nevertheless.

I still like SanDisk, their products and their support service.

SanDisk flash drives and memory cards are the best.

People,

be careful buying nowadays flash drives. They can vary drastically. Pay attention to product specifications.

Hi, prof! how are you?:smileyvery-happy:

@vinyl_acetate wrote:

Hi,

Maybe someone is interested in the latest SanDisk reply.

@The second girl wrote:

I apologize for any inconvenience, and I promise to let you know as soon as we have news on how this problem can be fixed.

unquote

Girls’ names are: Liva and  Veronika :smiley:

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for that e-mail. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, prof! how are you?

Just fine Vinyl, how about yourself?

Hi,

I’m having the same problem with an Asus motherboard and the 64gb Extreme USB 3 flash drive. Did the Secure Access software get updated?

Thanks,

Jason

As far as I know, it didn’t

no replies from SanDisk since then

I bought USB-Cruzer Switch, in that i created the Secure Access account. But now i forget the password!! how to reset the password??

I think deleting the vault folders does it but I’m not sure.  Worst comes to worst delete everything on the drive and reinstall SecureAccess.

hope your finished this