Accepted Solution

SecureAccess Vault issue

[ Edited ]

Hi I have Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB flash drive, which I was using for  keeping some personal files and folers.

For that purpose I installed Secure Access software set the pass and imported all files in the vault.

Recently I plugged the Flash drive in the PC which seems to have Flash drive Virus, which has wiped all the data from my flash drive, including Secureaccess EXE file.

However the virus left only VAULT folder and hide it:

the Vault folder looks like that:

I se that Flash drive contains data, as out of 64 nly 25GB is free.

Is there any way to restore EXE file and access VAULT? or restore data directly from VAULT?

2.JPG

1.JPG

SanDisk Guru

Re: SecureAccess Vault issue

[ Edited ]

You can certainly download a new copy of SecureAccess to the flash drive and install it.  Whether it will allow you to access the old vault I don't know.  It's possible the old files are lost and you will be starting over.

Hopefully these links will help you.

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/related/1/kw/secureaccess/r_id/101834

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Thanks for the reply. I will try to follow the instructions

It works, I downlaoded the Secureaccess exe file, placed in the same directory and after opening it, the applicaiton asks that vault exists and I just need to repair INDEX file. 

The repair process starts but at the end software hangs and stops responding. 

Is it known issue?

SanDisk Guru

Good to hear you've made some progress.

I don't know about the hanging situation or how to fix it.  If you can somehow get out of the hang, pressing Esc or some key combination to end it, try running a CHKDSK command on the drive and see if it reports any problems.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files