Scandisk 64 GB - Problem accessing

I have a ScanDisk Cruzer slice 64GB, that I purchased just over 2 years.

It is loaded with several files including some in the vault, and has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago.

I can access all the files that are not in the vault ok.

The vault I can access and see a list of all the files in there, but I cannot now open move or delete them.

My PC is using windows 8, and my lap top windows 7, this problem occurs on both machines.

Fortunately I backed up the files in the vault on another ScanDisk cruzer blade 32gb and so far that works ok, but I am worried that that may malfunction in the same way.

The 64GB has 2.97GB free space, and the files in the vault are only jpeg photos individually so not very large.

Any suggestions? or shall I cut my losses and take a sledge hammer to the USB stick to destroy the files in the vault?

John.

shall I cut my losses and take a sledge hammer to the USB stick to destroy the files in the vault?

Not sure what’s going on with your vault files johngd43 but before you use the sledge hammer assuming the drive is still under warrantee I suggest you contact Sandisk and see if you can do that AND return the remains to them for a free replacement drive. 

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

I think it won’t be under warranty since it’s over two years already. But good luck though.