Sandisk UltraFit 3.0 Drive disappears, appears to have lost the driver in device manager.

Hello all,

Hope we can get some help on this.

My company has multiple remote PCs (over 200) spread out over several locations that use the Ultrafit USB drives. We have noticed that several (~12) of these devices will suddenly disappear from the drive listing.

When I look for the drive in the Device Manager, the Ultrafit appears as a USB Mass Storage Device. It also shows a Code 10 error. If I uninstall the Ultrafit from the device manager and reboot the PC, it will sometimes come back up (and sometimes not). Please note that if I uninstall the device  and scan for hardware changes, the device will briefly show up as UltraFit before disappearing/reappearing as USB Mass Storage Device. I have included some images below.

A few details on the PCs:

• They are all running Windows 7 Professional X64
  • They are all running the same image
  • Other USB devices can be plugged into the same USB 3.0 port and work normally

Code10.JPG

Code10.JPG

Do the UltraFit’s having the problem have it on just one pc?  In other words if a Drive is having problems does it have the problem if used in a different pc?

If a Drive has a problem in a pc does a different Drive have the same problem in the same pc?

Basically trying to determine if the problem is Windows based, pc based or Drive based.

On the pc’s with the problem Drives does a sfc /scannow command help?  On the pcs with the problem are other USB devices plugged in, ie maybe a USB port power problem?

Do the UltraFit’s having the problem have it on just one pc?  In other words if a Drive is having problems does it have the problem if used in a different pc? - We have not tested it nor can we. Unfortunately each USB contains sensitive information to their location and the locations can be very remote, making it a multi day process just to test.

If a Drive has a problem in a pc does a different Drive have the same problem in the same pc? - No other drives are experiencing issues on these machines.

Basically trying to determine if the problem is Windows based, pc based or Drive based.

On the pc’s with the problem Drives does a sfc /scannow command help? - No

On the pcs with the problem are other USB devices plugged in, ie maybe a USB port power problem? - The only other USB device plugged in is a Touch Overlay for the monitor.

I forgot to mention in my original post that if I uninstall the drive from the Device Manager and scan for hardware changes, I get the “failed to install drivers” Message for the Ultrafit. I searched online for drivers for them, but cannot find any. Not sure if this helps.

At this point I don’t know what to tell you.  Uninstalling the drivers didn’t help.  Sorry.