Sandisk USB not recognised on new laptop or desktop computers...

Hello I recently bought new HP laptop with Win 10 system. I also bought new Sandisk Ultra Flair USB 3 Flash Drive 32GB (to give it it’s full title). This was to save new factory fresh installation media. Download was completed without interruption and then verified without problem.

I then wanted to view my work and when USB stick was installed the message is “the folder is empty”.

I am greatly dissapointed as there is only one chance to download files for restoring computer and so far mine has been wasted. 

Please, can anyone help me?

Correction, the USB is recognised alright, the problem is content is not showing. Sorry about that. :flushed:

Maybe a chkdsk run for the drive will help.

Thanks for reply.

Adding this to command prompt done the job,  “attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:*.*”

Thank-you. :wink:

Thank you for the update walker49er and the happy ending. :smiley:

May be you should download some latest disk drive so that your computer would recognise your USB disk. I once meet the similar problem. Oneday i install a new hard disk to my computer and it totally didn’t recognise it which made me very frustrating. Then i did some search through the Internet, and found a tutorial at How to Fix External Hard Disk not Showing Up in Computer

. The methods in that are for hard drive, but i think USB disk not-rocognise problem may very largely similar with hard disk not-rocognise problem. Hope this would be helpful.